Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
On the Enterprise Applications Team, the Enterprise Applications Architect will serve as a domain specialist in establishing in-house development talent the Enterprise Applications stack – currently Salesforce, Salesforce CPQ, Marketo, Zuora, Netsuite, Dell Boomi, Marketo.
The right candidate will have the opportunity to play a strategic role in an incredibly important and highly visible project: the complete rebuild of the CarGurus enterprise application stack.What You’ll Do:
- Create and maintain technology strategy and roadmaps for the enterprise applications eco-system
- Lead conceptual / planning level of the application architecture in collaboration with other development, information security and IT teams.
- Analyze and architect software, infrastructure or data solutions with scalability in mind
- Collaborate on the technical aspects of development teams to deliver full lifecycle SFDC implementations.
- Drive architecture and design technology solutions for solving business problems, while authoring technical specifications and detailed design documents.
- Implement functionality as a hands-on specialist, especially in technically challenging projects, providing solutions for performance optimization, security, and high availability of the applications.
- Mentor a team of developers and administrators, establish required processes, and implement procedures for development and testing to ensure high-quality technical solutions.
- Act as a trusted advisor across business, Enterprise Apps, and engineering to develop thoughtful, forward-thinking solutions.
- 10 years of experience growing levels of responsibility developing solutions & applications
- 6 years on Salesforce and Force.com platforms as part of implementation teams.
- 6 years of Salesforce CRM implementation experience, with 3+ full cycle implementations, including all aspects of Sales and Customer Support processes, CPQ engines for subscription management, price optimization engines, as well as the adjacent systems within the Salesforce eco-system (i.e. marketing automation, databases, external objects, billing system, etc).
- 3 years of demonstrable experience in aSalesforce Technical Architect Role.
- Demonstrable understanding of Master Data Management especially within a hybrid environment of Saas, home-grown, and on-prem applications and databases.
- 5 + years experience designing and implementing Integration patterns and standard methodologies
- Proven track record of developing an organization and achieving results through others.
- Strong oral/written communication, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills for driving critical initiatives through diverse organizations. Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work within multiple work streams at one time.
- Bachelor’s degree. Salesforce Technical Architect certification a plus.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.