Engineering Manager - Virtual Interlining at Hopper
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:16 a.m. (EST) on Tuesday, July 27, 2021
• University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Mathematics or Statistics
• Experience leading teams responsible for architecting scalable solutions for problems with high complexity and ambiguity. Ideally in the domains of machine learning or operations research.
• Experience building large scale solutions with high performance and throughput
• Experience gathering business requirements, formulating metrics and building reports
• Understanding of data architecture, access patterns, relational / non-relational database concepts, data modelling and application implementations
• Backend development experience with Scala, Java and / or Python
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills
• Experience with AWS or Google Cloud Platform
• Experience in the air travel domain
About the job
We’re looking for a customer obsessed individual to join our Virtual Interlining team to design and build robust flight options that directly impact Hopper. You’ll work with a highly skilled team of technical and product-focused individuals, intent on solving some of the most challenging problems in air travel planning to deliver the best travel marketplace experience for customers who use our product.
We are looking for a leader experienced in building and working with fast-growing teams that deal with high-complexity, high-ambiguity problems to help guide solution design and implementation from proof-of-concept to long-term scalability.
You have strong software, data modelling and analytical skills. Everything we do is focused on customer experience, data measurement and delivering value at speed. You’ll be the technical leader responsible for making that a reality and lead the group making that happen.
- Collaborate closely with a fast-growing team of business stakeholders, product leaders, and research scientists.
- Design and develop scalable inventory solutions to ensure Hopper delivers the most robust, unique, and price competitive flight inventory to our millions of customers.
- Lead the team responsible for building platforms, features, and tools that make our marketplace more competitive and more efficient for our customers.
- Establish, maintain and document high data quality standards.
- Coach managers and individual contributors and grow them as leaders and technologists.
- Take an active role in organizational design, recruitment and process improvements.
- Be a trusted advisor to our technology leadership and your peers
- Champion the Hopper Leadership Principles
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.
Read Full Job Description