Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is what you get when you treat system operations as a software engineering problem. The mission of the Site Reliability Engineering group is to provide services, tooling, and guidance to Klaviyo's product engineers to make them more productive and ensure their services are sufficiently reliable, scalable, and secure.
The Security Site Reliability team builds foundational platform security services as well as tooling and automation to allow product teams to release and scale their software securely and predictably. As the Engineering Manager on the Security SRE team, you will own the platform security domain of SRE, including vulnerability management, network defenses, identity and access management, secrets management, security tooling, and centralized logging. This year's roadmap has many major projects including implementing a Web Application Firewall, migrating to an enterprise-grade secrets storage solution, and overhauling how we do identity and access management engineering-wide.
How You'll Make a Difference
- Manage 3-6 Site Reliability Engineers in Klaviyo's Boston office and remotely.
- Help individuals on your team develop and execute SMART goals and personal development plans that align with Klaviyo's goals and objectives, and understand how their work fits into the bigger picture.
- Interview, hire, and level up the Security Engineering team.
- Work with the team on project planning and defining milestones, identifying dependencies, and meeting business goals.
- Drive cross-team and cross-org alignment for security and reliability efforts between Product, Security & Trust, and the wider engineering organization.
- Participate in deep system design and implementation discussions within your team and across partner teams to ensure that we're building the right systems and keeping quality high.
- Level up the team through hands-on coaching and individual contribution. This includes pairing with direct reports to design, write, and deliver software to improve the scalability, reliability, and security of Klaviyo's systems.
- Iterate and improve upon engineering-wide processes like recruiting, onboarding, performance management, communication, and Agile software development.
Who You Are
- Successfully led and delivered infrastructure projects spanning multiple quarters and involving input from multiple external stakeholders.
- Experience coaching and growing Site Reliability Engineers.
- Experience developing and rolling out engineering-wide processes.
- Experience acting as a team lead/manager in the infrastructure, operations, or security domain(s).
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web and mobile. Enabling brands to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company’s hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct, high-fidelity relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to Facebook or Amazon. In 2020, Klaviyo reached coveted unicorn status with a robust Series C of $200m at $4.15B valuation. Innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.