Engineering Manager - Mobile at ezCater
In 2007, two software engineers and serial entrepreneurs founded a technology company, ezCater. ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. We’re backed by $320 million in venture funding and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. Our mission is to power the world’s catering, and we’ll make it happen – even more surely if you come help us.
If you are passionate about building and growing high performing teams, while remaining committed to your technical craft, this might be the position for you. Prior management experience is not required, however a passion for inspiring and leading others is. You prefer to succeed (and fail) through others as opposed to relying on your own accomplishments.
ezCater values technology as a differentiator and a key component of our success. It powers everything we do. We push ourselves every day to better the codebase, improve performance, and deliver an amazing customer experience. Check out this CBS Boston article for a glimpse into our culture.
What you’ll do:
- Build, lead, and mentor a small, highly talented team of engineers to build native iOS apps that delight our customers and caterer partners
- Build world-class native applications using the latest version of Swift, Xcode, and GraphQL
- Collaborate with equally as talented peers, helping to scale our organization 2-3x, again and again
- Improve team/process performance at every chance you get (we believe speed itself is a feature)
- Nurture our collaborative and autonomous development culture
- Take on exciting scaling challenges
- A passion for building and growing high performing teams. Prior management experience is not required, however a passion for inspiring and leading others is.
- Extensive native application development experience in a commercial setting. We hope you acquired that partially / fully using a modern version of Swift & iOS.
- Published at least one application to the App Store in a commercial setting.
- Strong working knowledge of integrating with internal and external APIs. REST and GraphQL would be a huge plus.
- A sharp mind, a soft heart and a large funny bone.
What you’ll get from us:
Importantly, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.