Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Publishing and configuration management are mission critical for every Toast restaurant each and every day. It’s how restaurants do everything from making menu updates live in the restaurant, to adding new employees, to monitoring what system changes have been made. As Toast’s customer base continues to grow at a phenomenal rate, our infrastructure needs to keep pace with both our growth and the increasingly complex and technical needs of our customers. As a member of the Restaurant Config Platform team, you will help ensure that all Toast customers, today and tomorrow, have a positive experience managing their restaurants’ core operations.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Work with our CTO, Chief Architect, and Platform PMs to define and scope high-impact platform improvements
- Lead and manage a team of 3-6 software engineers to deliver results at a high level of quality
- Make hands-on code contributions to your team’s projects
- Guide the growth & development of engineers with mentoring, training and performance management
- Design, build, deploy, and maintain highly resilient and scalable systems that are critical to our customers’ success
- Lead complex projects that improve functionality and reliability for our customers
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Demonstrated experience working with an Object Oriented Language like Java or Kotlin, with a deep understanding of testing, quality, and best practices
- Experience building backend services and APIs and scaling distributed systems
- Experience shipping critical production services and balancing getting things done with platform stability and reliability
- Prior experience as a tech lead or team lead
- Focused on delivering positive impact for Toast customers
- Enjoys working in a team environment with a shared code-base
- Excellent cross-team communication skills on complex technical topics
- Empathy for users, both internal (other Toast teams) and external (our restaurants)
- Passionate about building great software
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.