Engineering Manager, Component Library at Klaviyo (Greater Boston Area, MA or Remote)
At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
As an Engineering Manager joining the Component Library team you can expect to be deeply involved in technical discussions on how we build out and maintain our Component Library, partner closely with our Design team, and grow the team.
You will shape the look and feel of the entire Klaviyo product and help build out a world class design system with our Design team - the work this team is doing is core to Klaviyo’s continued success at scale.
As an Engineering Manager, some of your responsibilities include managing expectations along-side technical product owners and product managers, crafting a vision for Klaviyo’s design system, and growing the team. Together, you'll define scope and specifications while refining RFCs (Request for Comment Proposals) to ensure deliverables are met and stability is maintained.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Lead a growing team with between 2-4 direct reports. The team is currently 2 senior engineers and we intend to be at 4+ in 2022.
- Actively mentor senior level engineers, and have a central role in the interview process.
- Manage component library design and implementation trade-offs with business partners and your team.
- Identify the critical path forward and map that into a plan for your team.
- Develop SMART goals and provide feedback and assessments to direct reports.
- Iterate and improve upon processes across the entire engineering department (i.e. recruiting, performance reviews, project planning, and more)
- Enjoy a leadership role at our new headquarters in Boston, MA (pending our return)
Who You Are
- Experience building and maintaining a component library / design system used across many teams.
- Excited to read the code, understand the product area, and give applicable technical mentorship.
- Sufficient experience leading and mentoring teams of senior engineers.
- Experience working on a team that supports multiple cross functional engineering teams with a demonstrated ability to influence internal stakeholders.
- History of partnering with a design/UX team.
- Experience working in React.
- Managed a team of at least 3 people and comfortable managing remote team members.
- Successfully led and delivered on complex projects expanding multiple quarters and involving at least two teams.
- Comfortable giving performance reviews and mentoring team members at all levels.
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.