Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus is looking for an Engineering Co-op to join our Information Security team. This person will have a hand in assisting with security and risk assessments and auditing. They will work closely with the team on documentation gathering and analysis for our security and compliance audits.
The individual will work on project tasks at the direction of the Information Security Manager. They will gain exposure to new technologies and security frameworks as we continue to build our security program. The Co-op should be a proven self-starter and have basic course work in information security completed.
This is a full-time, paid, Spring 2022 Co-op position. Only students currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate program will be considered. Must be eligible to work 40 hours a week from January 2022 - June 2022.
Who You Are:
- Enrolled in Computer Science or Computer Engineering program with course work in Information Security/Cybersecurity
- Knowledge of the information security well known industry frameworks and best practices
- Interest in learning more about auditing controls
- Experience with MacOS
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience working on project plans
- Must be very organized, detail oriented and thorough
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to balance multiple tasks concurrently and appropriately prioritize
- Ability to quickly learn new skills
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Basic understanding of Jira and concepts of Kanban
- Familiarity with IT systems and controls
- Ability to code
- Knowledge of vendor security assessments
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.