Embedded Software Engineer at Markforged
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:07 p.m. (EST) on Tuesday, July 23, 2019
At Markforged, we are on a mission to unlock the next 10x of innovation in design and manufacturing. We build an Industrial 3D Printing Platform to liberate designers and engineers from decades-old, slow part creation processes. NASA, Google, Ford, Amazon, Siemens and thousands of companies in 50 countries use Markforged to print same-day prototypes and produce stronger end-use parts than they did before. With Markforged, customers are able to ship 50X faster, spend 20X less, and build products that are 23X stronger.
The Electrical Engineering team is responsible for designing and validating circuit boards, developing firmware, specifying cable harnesses, and ensuring EMC compliance for all of our products. We operate lean, iterate constantly, and have a real passion for building things. You will have the opportunity to do interdisciplinary work on physical systems and learn from best-of-the-best electrical, mechanical, software, and material engineers.
In this role you will:
- Automate, maintain, and improve existing embedded Linux image build processes.
- Debug issues with and increase the robustness of the embedded Linux kernel and OS.
- Implement and test upgrade capabilities for the embedded Linux OS.
- Support our software team as necessary with implementation of the user interface.
- Mentor junior engineers.
What we look for:
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science (or equivalent).
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in embedded Linux.
- Strong experience coding in C, Python, and Bash.
- Familiarity with wireless, Ethernet, and USB protocols and configuration.
- Familiarity with the kernel and u-boot.
- Experience with the Beaglebone Black or similar embedded devices.
- Experience with Debian is preferred.
- Experience with industrial products with touch screen interfaces is highly desirable.
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning, data-driven decision making, and prioritization
- We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up
- We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates
- We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more
- Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description