At Markforged, we are on a mission to unlock the next 10x innovation in design and manufacturing. We build an Industrial 3D Printing Platform to liberate designers and engineers from decades-old, slow part creation processes. NASA, Google, Ford, Amazon, Siemens and thousands of companies in 50 countries use Markforged to print same-day prototypes and produce stronger end-use parts than they did before. With Markforged, customers are able to ship 50X faster, spend 20X less, and build products that are 23X stronger.
Join us and control the future of manufacturing.
With the Mark One, we brought an order of magnitude strength increase to the 3D printing industry. The custom boards and firmware we developed for this unique printer are a robust base system. Now it's time to blow past the industry standard open-loop systems and push our machine towards full automation. Help us take our products to the next level and bring metal-strength manufacturing to the masses by joining our growing Electrical Engineering team.
The EE team is responsible for designing and testing circuit boards, developing firmware, specifying cable harnesses, and ensuring EMC compliance for all of our products. We operate lean, iterate constantly, and have a real passion for building things. You will have the opportunity to do interdisciplinary work on physical systems and learn from best-of-the-best engineers across MatSci, Mech-E, EE, and Software.
As an Electrical Engineer, you will:
- Iterate on existing PCB designs.
- Prototype and characterize new sensors, actuators, and control schemes.
- Modify and improve the firmware that controls our printers.
- Collaborate effectively with our software and mechanical engineering teams.
- Perform automated testing.
We're looking for people who have:
- Expertise in control systems and PCB design
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Demonstrated understanding of physics fundamentals.
- The ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- A strong portfolio of past work and personal projects.
- Proficiency in embedded programming; ARM, AVR, or Microchip experience preferred.
- Strong grasp on C/C++ for embedded applications.
- Ability to code comfortably in Python, or willingness to learn.
- Competency in Linux.
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning and teaching, data-driven decisions, and makings things work. We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up. We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates.
- We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more.
- Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks.
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description