Carbon Black is now part of VMware. As a standalone company, Carbon Black established itself as a leader in the endpoint security space. The product portfolio includes the rapidly growing Carbon Black Cloud platform that delivers next-generation endpoint protection capabilities from the cloud. Now with the full resources of VMware, you have the opportunity to make an impact and build upon Carbon Black’s success.
Our Engineering team is moving at lightning speed on the breaking edge of technology. You’ll be pulling things apart and tinkering, building new platforms, or playing in the cloud. Here, the engineering opportunities are endless. With this fast-paced, synergetic group, you’ll be working together and across the organization to ensure customer success. You’ll play a key role in minimizing escaped defects and hardening the product quality through test coverage
What You’ll Do
- Craft test strategies based on deep understanding of the domain and product
- Design, implement and maintain test frameworks
- Design automated tests accounting for stability in the pipeline
- Support extended teams in troubleshooting product and domain problems
- Provide feedback, propose solutions and suggest improvements in the product
- Meet industry standard compliance in the entire pipeline
- Deploy and manage AWS instances to orchestrate the end-to-end testing pipeline.
- Track test results as query-able time series data with failures being alerted on
- Support test failure troubleshooting in various relevant pipelines
- Support troubleshooting of customer found bugs and close the test coverage loop
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in test frameworks and test automation
- 3+ years of experience with systems engineering and software development
- Strong analytical and programming skills (Python and/or Java preferred)
- Strong understanding of OS fundamentals (Mac/ Linux/ Windows)
- Solid understanding/experience of containerization services such as Docker/Kubernetes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to lead discussions
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and great attention to detail
- Experience supporting an enterprise-level SaaS environment
- Security Experience a plus
- Experience with AWS, open source tools such as Kafka, Terraform, Spinnaker, InfluxDB, Elasticsearch a plus
- Good understanding of virtualization is a plus
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-06-22
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.