Director, Site Reliability Engineering at Everbridge
Director, Site Reliability Engineering
About the position:
About the team:
· Lead the Everbridge Site Reliability Engineering teams.
· Drive Design, Architecture, Operability, Security, and Scaling of the Everbridge Platforms
· Help develop and maintain processes, tools, and documentation in a multi-region cloud deployment.
· Facilitate the evaluation of automation and new software solutions.
· Collaborate with Architects, Developers, Data Reliability, and Automation teams on designing scalable and highly available systems.
· Ensure proper security, monitoring, alerting and reporting for application platforms.
· Troubleshoot and resolve production issues
· Help drive the capacity planning process
· Experience in application delivery in a SaaS or Highly Available Hosting Environment
· Experience in designing for the cloud and utilizing cloud advantages.
· Experience with medium-scale to large-scale UNIX/Linux production environments, preferably as part of an online service provider.
· Strong sense of ownership of large projects and complex tasks.
· Strong interpersonal and communications skills
· Ability to solve problems quickly while taking an automation first approach.
· Hands on experience release, deployment, and environment lifecycle management.
· Experience with multi-cloud & hybrid-cloud technologies.
· Experience with Open Source technologies.
· Experience with virtualization & container technologies
· Hands-on experience with infrastructure-as-code tools and concepts. (Preferably HashiCorp tools like Terraform/Consul/Packer/Nomad and management tools like Kubernetes/Salt)
· Experience with more advanced automated monitoring and log aggregation systems. (NewRelic, DataDog, SumoLogic, Splunk, Logstash, etc.)
· Experience with multi-geography and distributed systems.
· Working knowledge of web, application, database, and OS server systems (Nginx, Tomcat, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, ZooKeeper, RabbitMQ, Redis)
· Ability to manage competing priorities in a complex environment
· Previous experience working in SaaS Operations (Site Reliability Leader, Infrastructure Architect, Software Architect, Operations Engineer, Operations Manager, etc.)
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
· U.S. Citizen
· Able to pass a Federal drug screening
About the company:
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.