Director, Sales Engineering at CloudHealth by VMware
Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:18 p.m. (EST) on Thursday, May 16, 2019
CloudHealth by VMware is looking for a seasoned, technically adept Director of Sales Engineering to lead by example the Enterprise Sales Engineering team.
- You are an accomplished Sales Engineering Manager with experience in a B2B software environment (ideally SaaS).
- You have an established track record of building and managing effective sales engineering teams.
- You are excited about enabling companies transform themselves using the public cloud and the service offerings in the cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- You hold yourself accountable for the success of any initiative you are involved in.
- You want to be a part of a high-performance sales organization and hate losing to the competition.
- You are comfortable working in a fast paced, growing, entrepreneurial environment.
- Hire, Manage, and Scale a team of pre-sales engineers focused on selling within large enterprises.
- Develop enablement processes and content in support of rapid onboarding of pre-sales engineers.
- Implement strategies to improve trial win rates, beat the competition, and develop stronger technical buyer relationships.
- Work in conjunction with the sales team as a key technical advisor and advocate for the CloudHealth platform while mapping value to the prospect’s needs.
- Develop engaging demonstrations in collaboration with our Sales, Marketing and Training Teams to both business and technical users.
- Understand and implement technical sales strategies based on competitive selling, especially in larger enterprises, e.g. Fortune 500.
- Partner with Product Management to effectively represent strategic requirements for large enteprise prospects.
- Partner with Product Marketing on effective strategies to manage and deliver demonstrations, maintain demo environments, and respond to RFPs.
- Present to prospects, customers and partners, at external events, conferences, seminars, etc.
- 7+ years’ experience at B2B software (ideally SaaS) company in a pre-sales engineering role selling into both enterprise and commercial accounts globally
- 3+ years’ experience managing pre-sales engineering teams
- Experience recruiting, hiring, and developing sales engineers
- An understanding of ITSM eco-systems and prominent solutions within them, such as: DataDog, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, New Relic, ServiceNow, AlertLogic etc.
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or equivalent cloud, and Datacenter experience with knowledge of hypervisors like VMWare.
- The ability to take complex pieces of technology and explain them in a simple and easy to understand way.
- Solid verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Intellectual curiosity, great problem-solving skills and passion for continuous improvement.
- Previous experience working with/presenting to executive level prospects and customers.
- Experience with modern technical selling best practices and selling in a competitive environment, including implementing new or improved trial, demo, and RFP process.
- Proven track record of success in a fast growing and scaling business.
- A Bachelor’s Degree
Preferred (but not required):
- Strong data analysis skills and the ability /navigate spreadsheets to identify trends, outliers, correlations and reconciliation needs across large data sets.
- Good practical understanding of cloud-centric architectures.
- Comfort level working in a metric-driven environment, including reporting on and improving business performance against a set of monthly KPIs and metrics.
Read Full Job Description