Director, Enterprise Apps & Tech PMO at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
You’ll own setting the direction for the Program Management Office including defining, implementing, and optimizing standards and processes, while also helping mature the overall IT portfolio roadmap planning, and reporting, vendor management, and digging in where needed to incubate special projects or successfully recover projects. You possess a strong sense of ownership, deep knowledge of planning practices, and broad PMO and leadership experience.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Define and deploy IT PMO process improvements that enhance and streamline planning and management of programs and projects against objectives, maintain stakeholder alignment and communications, and proactively manage risk to quality and schedule performance.
- Refine intake strategy and prioritization framework to ensure we are solving the right problems, in the right order that will drive the highest value and impact to business.
- Mature or reporting/dashboards to report on technology portfolio health, projects, vendors and financials.
- Align IT leaders and teams on responsibilities and establish accountability for standardized processes, reporting, and governance across IT.
- Manage execution of complex cross functional programs across business and IT teams.
- Use strong technical and business acumen to manage risk and escalate impediments through a defined process for faster decision making.
- Attract, develop and inspire a team of program and project managers that business teams feel they can’t live without.
- Lead the continuous improvement of PMO methodologies, standards, tools, and policies
- Develop framework and processes for comprehensive Vendor Management practices (selection, and ongoing SaaS/SW Spend Management)
- Lead teams to achieve the organizational vision through Agile portfolio management, including lean principles, constantly assessing the value stream and planning on a rolling basis.
- Be the catalyst for teams to continuously reflect and improve on how to work better together
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 10+ years designing and leading IT PMO processes and tool adoption, technology strategic planning and budgeting spanning the entire organization, portfolio management using various methodologies
- Deep understanding of current and emerging project, program and portfolio management best practices and how other fast-growth enterprises are employing them to drive digital and data business
- Track record of establishing credibility with senior executives and technical and non-technical team members
- Outstanding discernment with an understanding of business drivers and of how to drive value to the customer
- Unrelenting focus on results and problem solving; you see a problem and provide thoughtful solutions
- Adaptive in the face of change, iterative in your designing process and consider feedback or failure as motivation to learn and grow
- Results-oriented with a demonstrated sense of urgency to drive multiple projects to successful completion
- Influencing skills - ability to communicate effectively and work with staff at all levels and across departments
- You demonstrate the ability to scale and equip the business in a strategic manner, communicate big picture opportunities and make data-driven decisions
- Humble and ambitious; you approach peers, partners & customers with kindness and consideration
*Bread puns encouraged but not required