Kyruus is dedicated to its mission to make healthcare work better for everyone by connecting people to the care they need. This role will be in our HealthSparq team as we work on simplifying the complex healthcare landscape. Together, we’ll improve the lives of our users by helping them to make better healthcare choices.
As the Director of Engineering, you’ll lead teams to develop, deliver, operate and maintain systems and services that operate at scale to support our growing business.
In this role, you will:
- Define team and department objectives and collaborate with executive team in coming up with company objectives.
- Organize and motivate teams that are potentially in multiple locations across to deliver high-quality, high-availability services.
- Be responsible for instilling and reinforcing a strong sense of ownership, empowerment, and accountability throughout all levels of the organization.
- Come up with broad visions to problems that affect the entire company.
- Make department decisions that affect the entire company.
- Create a culture that is customer focused
- Deal directly with the executive leadership team and also their own team and other department heads.
- Has industry contacts and uses those to affect department decisions and outcomes. May deal with the executives of our customers and be able to influence decisions.
- Coordinate with third-party vendors, consultants, and contractors as necessary.
- Establish appropriate working relationships with existing and new strategic vendors, deriving the maximum value from negotiated contracts for technology services and products.
- Participate appropriately in contract negotiations with existing strategic vendors.
- Participate in the formulation of the company business systems and technology roadmap, assessing cost and feasibility of system requests and ensuring the plan supports both strategic and near-term needs.
- Gain the trust and respect of customers, co-workers, and direct reports by demonstrating a high level of integrity, innovation, courage, and dependability.
- Actively participate and provide leadership to a variety of steering committees and leadership teams throughout the organization.
- Hold employees accountable for achieving their departmental goals and meeting performance objectives.
- Deep experience in DevOps Engineering, site reliability, business continuity monitoring and other related functional areas.
- Experience building and leading multi-discipline teams in SaaS environment.
- A track record of building and supporting complex SaaS/web platform and infrastructure at scale with high uptime in a dynamic business environment.
- Experience working across organizational boundaries to deliver on cross-team initiatives, projects, and/or processes.
- Hands on experience with project management for software development projects.
- Has performed the software development leadership skill at a very high level and is the expert that drives the engineering skill development of multiple teams.
- Demonstrated success developing and leading a department including setting the direction for hiring, goal setting, coaching and development.
- Skilled in mentoring and delegating to managers to ensure high functioning teams.
- Defines department needs, staffing and process strategies.
- Strong customer service mentality.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience to apply the right methodology to every work effort to get the job done.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kyruus is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Kyruus has facilities.
Read Full Job Description