Director of Engineering at AdmitHub
Do you have questions? Are you motivated to seek and provide answers? Our users have millions, so it’s imperative that our systems are stable, robust, and scalable. You'll be a part of ensuring that. As a Director of Engineering at AdmitHub, you will help lead engineering teams who are actively building out our AI Powered Chatbot platforms that college and university partners use to communicate with their prospective and current students.
Who We Are
AdmitHub is the world’s first AI-powered chatbot purpose built to provide the resources, information, and self-motivations to nudge students—regardless of where they are in the process—toward taking the next step in their learning journey. And we have the research to prove it.
Our Engineering Feature teams are cross-functional in composition where you’ll be working alongside members of our Product and Design departments. Our startup environment enables you to be on the ground as we scale and grow our products, services and organization as a whole.
What You’ll Do
- Provide technical leadership to two Feature teams in building and developing our partner experience, specifically on our core, web-based application built with the Django Rest Framework and React
- Mentor other engineers in writing high quality and maintainable code
- Collaborate with other engineering leaders to ensure we are building a strong engineering culture focusing on high-quality and maintainable code as well as engineering growth and development
- Help build alignment and momentum across teams without overbearing process
- Guide teams in adhering to processes developed by Platform teams around deployments, changes, incidents, and postmortems
What You’ll Have
- 8+ years of experience, 3+ years managing a team of engineers as direct reports
- Technical Skills; we expect managers of engineers to have the technical skills of at least a senior engineer
- Experience working across multiple cross-functional teams of Engineering, Product, and Design
- Proficiency in system designs problem solving
AdmitHub is committed to creating a company where all employees regardless of background can show up and feel they belong. This is an ongoing journey, and we welcome questions one here we’re at during your interview process. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or fitness level.