Director of Engineering at connectRN
At connectRN, we’re on a mission to deliver nurses a better way to work. Using our disruptive technology, our community of nurses can design their own schedules and work where they want, when they want. Our facility partners rely on us for on-demand access to reliable clinicians and a platform they can trust.
We’re looking to hire our leading Director of Engineering to build and scale our technical product. Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Engineering will be responsible for all development products and processes on our web and mobile applications as well as building out a high-functioning engineering team through management and subject-matter expertise. You’ll be hands-on in the code with the team as well as lead long-term strategy for scalability and infrastructure.
- Software Development: You will own connectRN’s codebase, core infrastructure, tooling and deployment services.
- Management: You will be responsible for recruiting, mentoring and managing our in-house engineering team as well as managing the relationships and outcomes of our offshore technical resources.
- Cross-Department Collaboration: You will co-develop a technical roadmap with our Chief Product Officer and build software that is useful, scalable and stable.
- Experience: At least 8 years of full stack development experience with 2 years in an engineering leadership role
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar preferred
- Technical Skills: Object-oriented programming. Experience directing DevOps and working in an Agile model, working with offshore teams. React, React Native, Golang, AWS experience preferred.
- 100% Employer-sponsored benefits package including Health, Dental, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D
- Flexible time off policy
- Ability to work from home as needed (We’re currently remote through at least Labor Day but anticipate this role to be based out of our Waltham HQ post-pandemic)
- Unlimited snacks, cold brew and beer on tap
- Free gym on-site
connectRN is an equal opportunity employer. As Connectors, we embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. If this role would make you excited to come to work every day, please apply! We look forward to connecting.