First and foremost, Kyruuvians care deeply about our vision to enable human beings to care for human beings, our mission, and our CORE values:
- Caring – We care about our clients, their patients, and each other.
- Ownership – We own our success and have the courage to make decisions.
- Respect – We respect and enjoy each other's journey, experiences, and gifts.
- Empowerment – We empower our team, our clients, their providers and patients to make the right decisions.
Here’s what that would mean for you in the Director, Engineering role.Caring
You’ll enable and empower the teams you work with to deliver value to our customers through performant, highly available, reliable, scalable, and high quality software. You’ll drive visibility into your product area for the rest of Product Development and the company.Ownership
- You’ll work with Product Management to set the technical strategy for your product area. You’ll connect this to Kyruus’ business priorities. You’ll figure out risks, trade offs, and timelines. You’ll know the customer commits, product roadmap, and SLAs for your area backwards and forwards. You’ll track metrics, identify blockers to overall team effectiveness, and recommend process improvements.
- You’ll recruit, hire, coach, and develop amazing software engineers. You’ll also utilize and manage outsourced resources effectively for projects where such resources can aid in improving delivery timelines and/or improve operational efficiency.
- You’ll provide architectural guidance, technical best practices, and Agile coaching to the team.
- Your typical day will include one-on-ones with direct reports, coaching Agile teams through sprint cycle stages, recruiting activities, and communicating up, down, and across to your fellow Kyruuvians.
- You’ll report to the Vice President, Engineering.
How You’ll Use Your Professional Skills
You should have software engineering skills with:
- Developing in a SaaS platform (applications in AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud).
- Managing a team of 6 or more people in engineering.
- It would be nice if you have experience in one of: graphic design, user experience/UX design, human interface design, UI testing (UI test automation), Google Analytics, or A/B split testing.
You’ll use your management skills to:
- Leverage your team to get things done, get them done well, and celebrate them when they do.
- Connect business goals to the goals of each of your direct reports.
- Create an inclusive environment where your direct reports and peers feel motivated to succeed.
- Help your team solve complex technical problems, and drive towards incremental value delivery.
- Negotiate and identify priorities, trade offs, manage risks, and timelines for your product area.
How You’ll Know You’re Succeeding
- You are able to take unclear and incomplete requirements to create a plan of action to deliver on projects critical for Kyruus.
- Kyruuvians know how your team contributes to the product roadmap and company goals as measured by our Balanced Scorecard.
- Your team consistently delivers value in a predictable and timely manner demonstrating a high level of accountability and visibility.
- You demonstrate leadership in setting technical strategy and direction for your area and guide engineers in developing and deploying robust, secure, performant, efficient, scalable, highly available, cost-effective, and market leading capabilities.
- You are able to sustain a high morale and level of engagement of engineers on your team through effective talent management.
Where You’ll Go From Here
- Kyruuvians in the Director, Engineering role can move in a more linear career path along two tracks - continuing in management or becoming an individual contributor. From here, you can either become a Senior Director, Engineering (overseeing larger teams or extending functional breadth) or a Software Architect (providing technical expertise).
- Kyruus also loves to see an internal transfer. If a linear career path is not what you’re looking for, you can work with your manager and HR to explore lateral moves to other parts of the organization as you continue to grow with us.