Director of Engineering
At PathAI, we're applying Computer Vision and Machine Learning in amazing ways to pathology, healthcare, and detecting cancer and other diseases. We're applying our work to drug development, the clinical space, and as a global health initiative. Since it's early days for us, there's a lot of work to do and a lot of great products to build, and a well-engineered experience is critical to the success of everything we aspire to do.
We're looking for skilled hands-on Director of Engineering to act as a player/coach, helping to nurture our growing team of full stack engineers and further our SaaS platform. You are part principal level engineer, part teacher / trainer / mentor / recruiter / career coach.
If you're the right candidate, you'll be exercising all the skills you have and building new ones along the way:
- Lead a growing team of engineers developing a Python/Django-based platform, leading from your own experience in stacks like these (but not necessarily Python based).
- Working closely with the Product Management team lead your team(s) in our effort to create the best products based on lean principles shipping MVP’s and iterating from there.
- Enable your team(s) to work effectively while maintaining autonomy and responsibility.
- Collaborate with leads of other teams including product management, product design, other engineering groups, and key product stakeholders.
- Drive and uphold high engineering standards, bringing consistency to the codebases you encounter and ensuring software is adequately reviewed, tested, and integrated.
- Mentor, learn, and share knowledge with others along the way.
Our employees' skills come in all shapes and sizes, but to be successful in this role with us, you'll at least need:
- Engineering skills. We expect engineering Directors to be capable of operating as a principal engineer, so you'll have spent a number of years in this field building and shipping code.
- Management experience. You've been around the block more than a couple times, and have personally managed teams of 15 or more engineers with managers.
- Education. A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- An insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn quickly in a complex space
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available for many roles
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
- Convertible sit-stand desks
- Weekly in-office yoga classes
- Free in-office lunch on Tuesdays and Fridays
- Snacks and drinks in the office – which currently include a mountain of Milano cookies, endless Fruit Snacks, as well as cold brew coffee and kombucha on tap, among many other options. Our in-house Snackologist is also happy to take your requests!
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.