Director, Engineering (Platform)
Greater Boston Area
Apply if you are…
- An excellent team player, with strong collaboration skills and ability to influence cross-functional teams for results
- Experienced with cloud computing, AWS, real time and batch data processing, and container-based technologies
- Accustomed to a variety of development methodologies and have a mature understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of each; solid experience with agile methods is a plus
- Familiar with budgeting, scheduling, contract and vendor management
- Excited to work with a talented team that is motivated to move the needle on some of the most pressing challenges in healthcare
- Passionate about understanding people and always striving to improve our products and services
You should expect to….
- Help our clients to achieve their real goals by understanding the requirements and how it would help them in their business.
- Define needs, develop plans, coordinate resources and implement action plans.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, resolve scheduling and other conflicts in order to meet all deadlines.
- Coach a team of engineers both on technical and career development needs.
- Focus on building an efficient and collaborative team environment.
Terrific if you have…
- Bachelor’s degree with 12+ years of experience, or a Master’s degree with 8+ years of experience, in Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years in a leadership and management role
- A proven track record of responsibilities as a technical lead
- Experience in enterprise application development
- An understanding of architecture and operations of highly available and scalable applications
- Experience in commercial software development on Unix/Linux environment
- Background in architecting solutions with continuous integration and continuous delivery in mind
- Superior verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- An amazing work ethic that will help us all work extremely well together
Read Full Job Description