Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
The Employee Cloud line of business is centered around the restaurant employee. Through products like the Toast Pay Card, the MyToast app, and Tips Manager, we help restaurant employees take control of their time and money.
As a Director of Engineering for Employee Cloud, you will own the creation and success of a new suite of products that help restaurant employees thrive.
You will influence product direction through technical insight & contribute to the technical roadmap for the evolution of the product. You are interested in the technical work, and have enough experience and judgement to ensure that engineers are moving in the right direction.
You will inspire your teams to deliver incredible outcomes. You will connect the work to Toast’s broader mission. You will ensure that teams in your domain have the skills, time, leadership to deliver impactful results and are consistently improving on that ability over time.
On a given day, you might be reviewing solution designs, coordinating discussions between partner teams, collaborating on roadmaps with architectural and product stakeholders, and conducting 1:1s.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Drive delivery of business outcomes across multiple teams, including planning and execution
- Collaborate closely with related teams such as Customer Care & Support, Product and UX to ensure cross functional needs are considered in all work
- Ensure quality end-to-end delivery of software, including team ownership of monitoring and production issue remediation, and collaboration with QA
- Define and support career development for your team
- Mentor and coach both new and experienced Engineering Managers & Team Leads
- Hire and grow teams to meet business needs
Do you have the right ingredients? (Experience)
- Experience hiring and developing empowered teams
- Experience building mobile and/or web consumer products.
- A bias towards action, with the ability to balance between getting things done and making things perfect
- A proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organization.
- A strong sense of empathy for customers and teammates
- A desire to build a diverse team that wins together and prioritizes customer success
*Bread puns encouraged but not required