Director of Engineering, Core & Integrations at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity background and lived experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
We are looking for a passionate and experienced engineering leader to join the Toast R&D team in Boston. In this role, you will lead a team within Core Engineering, creating a technical plan, hiring and developing team members, and incrementally delivering value to our restaurant customers. The Core team is scaling to meet the needs of our growing customer-base. We’re taking on multiple new initiatives, expanding our third party integrations and adding support for Enterprise customers (a.k.a. Restaurant chains), a growing market segment for Toast.
About this roll*:
- Work closely as part of a tight-knit team with your engineering, product and design counterparts.
- Lead teams that continuously ship product improvements and diligently measure the results.
- Influence product direction through technical insights.
- Inspire and manage the existing engineering team. Create and execute the hiring plan to grow the team.
- Incorporate advances in software technology into our solutions to ensure we make best advantage of industry best practices.
- Drive extraordinary results.
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- You have demonstrated experience building and shipping awesome SaaS and/or Mobile software products.
- You have experience with hiring and developing empowered teams.
- Your teams are operating effective software development environments including agile, continuous improvement and continuous delivery. You drive continuous improvement throughout the software development process and tooling
- You have a strong technical background with a personal preference for remaining technical.
- You have a proven ability to influence decision-making at all levels within an organization.
- You have a servant leadership mindset and you subscribe to the Toast values .
*Bread puns encouraged but not required