The Predictive Index—the talent optimization leader—is an award-winning best place to work (Inc., Glassdoor, Boston Business Journal, The Boston Globe).
Our mission is “Better work, Better world," and we take great pride in PI’s power to supercharge workplace relationships and culture to achieve the unthinkable. We’re our own best case study! You’ll be working toward a mission that inspires you, and you’ll be surrounded by fun, smart, driven people day in and day out.
There’s a reason more than 8,000 companies—including Nissan, Citizens Bank, Drift, Subway, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Docusign, and Omni Hotels—trust PI to help them hire top talent, design winning teams, and develop leaders at every level. Come discover how we empower our clients to solve their biggest challenges and make their business dreams come true.
The Predictive Index is a place where people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives collaborate on amazing, important work. We celebrate our differences, knowing that they are fundamental to our success as an organization. “Better Work, Better World,” starts here, in an organization where every member of the PI community is valued, respected, and welcome. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
The Director of Business Applications is responsible for the operational leadership, agility, and execution of PI’s Business Applications department and the Salesforce ecosystem that powers the business operations for over 200 internal users, 1,800 partner users, and 8,000 customers.
We’re looking for a dynamic business technology leader with a strong background in CRM strategy, business operations, and agile project management. The Director will leverage existing and new technologies to accelerate PI’s growth in alignment with its product-led growth strategy while delivering stability in daily operations for all PI employees, partners, and customers.
- Lead the strategic operations across the department including production support, system stability and administration, project planning, and release management.
- Become a trusted partner to department leaders and executives while educating stakeholders on the value of scalable lead to opportunity and quote to cash operational systems.
- Partner with other senior leaders to achieve successful outcomes that result in enhanced capabilities, infrastructure and processes that drive scalability and stability.
- Maximize business value creation by working closely with systems users, business owners and technical stakeholders to create and maintain the vision and aspirational roadmap in alignment with business priorities
- Establish, communicate, and reinforce department operating principles and procedures
- Develop and execute strategies to promote and maintain processes, data, and technology and ensure they are communicated across the organization
- Empower and develop an exceptional team of high-performing diverse professionals
- Forecast and recruit team resources needed to execute on company objectives and establish forward-looking career paths to retain and grow talent
- Enable collaboration across teams to facilitate the delivery of key business initiatives, identify cross-product dependencies, and negotiate project prioritization
- Influence strategic process and system decisions with company-wide impact
- Develop and communicate measurements of progress and business impact of the platform
- Define and lead the technology review process for all new system integrations with Salesforce
- Manage vendor relationships and stay atop of industry trends, business technology and best practices and develop recommendations to meet future business needs.
SHOULD YOU APPLY?
If you’ve got all the below skills, drop what you’re doing right now and reach out. If you’ve got some of these skills, we still want to hear from you!
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 5+ years of experience within the Salesforce ecosystem (Sales Cloud, Service Cloud,Experience Cloud, & CPQ)
- Deep understanding of the way Salesforce can empower the workflow of an organization.
- Proven ability to build, develop, and grow a hybrid team
- Ability to break down complex problems and projects into manageable goals and align initiatives with the overall business strategy
- Strong Project Management and Agile development skills
- Proven ability to translate business needs into technological solutions and influence process and system decisions that have company-wide impact
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and persuasively at all levels
Just as our employees are threads in the cultural fabric of PI, THREADS is our framework for understanding our core values.
Teamwork: Focus on the “we,” not the “me.”
Honesty: Follow your moral compass.
Reliability: Be someone others can count on.
Energy: Be balanced, be energized.
Action: Errors of action are better than errors of inaction. Be brave.
Drive: Own it.
Scope: Don't try to boil the ocean.
The Predictive Index participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.
The Predictive Index is an Equal Opportunity Employer.