Director, Application Security and Privacy at The Predictive Index
The Predictive Index is a technology company and the leader in talent optimization. We are also an award-winning best place to work (Inc., Glassdoor, Boston Business Journal, The Boston Globe).
Our mission is “Better work, better world," and we take great pride in PI’s power to supercharge workplace relationships and culture to achieve the unthinkable. We’re our own best case study! You’ll be working toward a mission that inspires you, and you’ll be surrounded by fun, smart, driven people day in and day out.
There’s a reason more than 8,000 companies—including Drift, the LA Clippers, Hugo Boss, Docusign, and Nissan—trust PI to help them hire top talent, design winning teams, and develop leaders at every level. Come discover how we empower our clients to solve their biggest challenges and make their business dreams come true.
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial Director to lead PI’s strategic direction for security, data privacy, and policy. You will report directly to the VP of Engineering. You will not only manage the security team, but you will have the opportunity to build it as you see fit and hire the team members best suited to accomplish the mission. This role requires a significant amount of autonomy to create and drive the roadmap to improve cybersecurity in Engineering, best practices in IT, and data privacy for GDPR and CCPA with our Legal team. Creating and maintaining strong relationships with leaders in all departments at PI is paramount as you lead us toward industry recognized certifications. We’re looking for someone with a proven track record of leadership in the security and privacy space on a fast growing cloud platform. We are in the early design stages of rebuilding our core Talent Optimization platform so this is a great opportunity to influence that design with the latest security and privacy practices, enabling us to scale with massive growth across the US and globally.
- Understand the landscape of cloud based cybersecurity, gaps in our system, and a path to excellence
- Partner closely with legal team and external counsel to comply with all existing and upcoming data privacy laws, including GDPR and CCPA
- Work with key stakeholders across Engineering, Product, IT, and Legal to define and execute the roadmap while maintaining a 2-year vision
- Hire, lead, manage, and coach a team of engineers to improve their skills and support them in achieving their career goals
- Act as primary liaison with our security consultants to identify and address vulnerabilities
- Lead security audits, reviews, penetration tests, risk analysis, threat modeling, and vulnerability tests
- Enhance the incidence response plan and define the protocol for support escalations
SHOULD YOU APPLY?
If you’ve got all the below skills, drop what you’re doing right now and reach out!
- Strong track record of defining a security strategy and executing it in a fast paced and high growth environment
- Change agent willing to experiment, learn, and pivot by making data driven decisions
- Ability to build relationships across the company, especially with your key stakeholders in Engineering, Product, IT, and Legal
- Strong career coach and advocate for ensuring everyone on the team is happy, engaged, and challenged
Those who excel at The Predictive Index are:
- Cross-functional: At PI, we work as a team!
- Smart: They learn our systems and our industry quickly.
- Energetic: We have a vibrant office, and when you’re on, you’re on.
- Driven: We’re growing fast so you MUST be willing to roll up your sleeves.
- Fun: Because we work hard, we like to play hard—and we hope you do too!
The Predictive Index is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Predictive Index participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.