DevOps Engineer/Senior DevOps Engineer
Greater Boston Area
Who are We?
SessionM is a customer engagement platform empowering the world’s most innovative brands to forge stronger and more profitable customer relationships. The platform scales for the enterprise, globally. SessionM is headquartered in Boston with offices around the globe.
Who you will work with?
As part of this role, you will work closely with architects, software engineers and operations to design, build, deploy, manage and operate our development, test and production environments. You will build and maintain tools to ensure our applications meet our stringent SLA's in a fast paced culture with a passion to learn and contribute. We are looking for a strong engineer with a can do attitude and a passion to solve problems.
What you get to do everyday?
- Design and Contribute to infrastructure improvements, architecture, development, deployment, and monitor our global distributed platform
- Standardize, develop and maintain common development tools and infrastructure, such as CI/CD pipelines, monitoring, cluster management, config management, etc.
- Partner with engineering teams to identify and implement infrastructure improvements to better support our customers
- Write code and contribute to the software architecture of a highly concurrent, high-throughput system on the AWS and Azure
- Participate in an environment that emphasizes trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort
- Assist the development team in implementing best practices for software builds and deployments
- Assist with organization wide security considerations
- Assist with capacity planning and load testing of our applications
- Continue to automate (Infrastructure as code) the deployment of our platform and all the systems it depends on
What kind of person should you be?
- Ability to influence others, build relationships, manage conflicts, handle negotiations, and have fun!
- Ability to handle pressure and focus on results
- Excellent organization, time management, problem-solving, and analytical skills
What skills do you need?
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with a strong background in Windows and AWS or other cloud providers
- Strong ability to code/script using Ruby, Python, PowerShell or similar.
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure as code, such as Terraform or Cloudformation
- Significance experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent - Puppet a Big Plus!
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Cloudwatch, Nagios or xymon
- Experience administering databases, such as Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, ECS or EKS
- Experience with technologies such as Azure Service Bus, Rabbitmq - a Big Plus!
- Prior exposure to continuous integration/delivery tools like Jenkins - a Big Plus!
What can you expect from us?
- A unique, supportive, and flexible work environment
- Challenges related to working in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Confidence to take risks when we see potential
- A management team that empowers people
- Competitive compensation based on experience level
- Healthcare HMO & PPO
- Flexible Spending and Transit Reimbursement Accounts
Read Full Job Description