DevOps Engineer at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant in the future.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will be responsible for the systems and automations that enable the smooth functioning of our staging and production environments, including all of our network applications/dashboards, and infrastructural components such as networking hardware and network security.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Deploy/maintain and support current Toast Network Engineering infrastructure (Cisco/Meraki/Ubiquiti)
- Build new automation to expand and maintain our AWS hosting infrastructure
- Build and manage AWS cloud infrastructure and automation using Terraform/Ansible
- Deploy scalable and secure microservice applications
- Use your familiarity with DevOps methodologies and practices to foster a culture of quality while facilitating developer velocity
- Develop and maintain documentation as it is related to “Toast Best Practices” network configuration/PCI compliance.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Demonstrated excellence collaborating across a broad & diverse group of stakeholders.
- Excellent teamwork, prioritization, multitasking, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Experience building automation tooling in a modern programming language
- Experience with network automation
- Experience maintaining large-scale infrastructure, supporting production workloads, and configuration management (Especially Terraform or Ansible)
- Experience working with relational databases (Mongodb a plus). Experience with Linux (Ubuntu)
- Experience working with network hardware - routers/switches and access points
- Hand-on experience with configuration, design, provisioning, maintenance and troubleshooting of networks with nationwide deployments. Following technologies preferred:
- Cisco/Meraki (Full Stack)
- Ubiquiti Unifi (Controller/Devices)
- Experience working with network operating systems, network diagnostics, monitoring and analysis tools
- Experience with researching/testing/selection of network hardware and software
- Experience with wireless networking fundamentals
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.