The advancement of cloud technology has kicked off the 4th Industrial Revolution. Cloud is fueling enterprise digital innovation and transformation across all industries. The time is now to join the InterSystems team in developing the next generation modern applications built on serverless architectures with automation and continuous security in cloud infrastructures.
As an InterSystems DevOps Engineer you will be a part of a team building and operating high performance, distributed, secure and highly available SaaS solutions on AWS and Azure cloud platforms.
In depth understanding of fundamental cloud services such as EC2, EBS, S3 and VPC and fluency with deployment tools such as CloudFormation, ARM templates or Terraform and CI/CD methodology is required.
- Deployment, automation, management and maintenance of cloud-based production systems
- Ensuring availability, performance, security and scalability of cloud-based production systems
- System troubleshooting and problem resolution across various application domains and platforms
- Pre-production acceptance testing for quality assurance
- Provisioning of critical system security by leveraging best practices and prolific cloud security solutions
- Providing recommendations for architecture and process improvements
- Defining and deploying systems for metrics, logging and monitoring on cloud-based platforms
- Design, maintenance and management of tools for automation of different operational processes
- Working with Cloud Architects to review and validate understanding of customer requirements and translate initial scope into technical deliverables
- Extensive AWS and/or Azure experience
- 2+ years of production Kubernetes experience
- 4+ years of Linux/Unix experience
- CI/CD experience (e.g. GitLab CI, GitHub Actions, Jenkins)
- Configuration Management (e.g. Ansible)
- Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation, ARM templates)
- Relational Database experience / basic administration (e.g. Postgres, MySQL)
- NoSQL experience (e.g. DynamoDB, Cassandra)
Mindset and cloud experience are prerequisites, but public cloud certifications are a plus, such as Microsoft Certified: DevOps Engineer Expert or AWS Certified: DevOps Engineer Professional.
And if “Dance Like No One’s Watching. Encrypt Like Everyone Is” and “Everything Fails All the Time” are not just catch phrases, but actionable directions for you – then we want to talk to you!
InterSystems is the engine behind the world’s most important applications. In healthcare, business, government, and other sectors where lives and livelihoods are at stake, InterSystems is the power behind what matters™. Founded in 1978, InterSystems is a privately held company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts (USA), with offices worldwide, and its software products are used daily by millions of people in more than 80 countries. For more information, visit InterSystems.com.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.