Are you a strong developer who loves writing, speaking and teaching other developers about technology while taking a meaningful role in shaping the experience they have with the platform itself?
Join InterSystems and help us delight developers within the open source community. You will be the subject matter expert and evangelist for modern developers, focused on the end-to-end experience through the entire development cycle, and ensure that we meet the needs of current and future developers.
As the InterSystems Developer Ecosystem Evangelist, your mission is to educate and engage early adopters and the broader developer community around the InterSystems IRIS data platform and back it up with practical examples. That means doing whatever it takes to bring them into our developer community of developers and keep them actively and happily building within it while learning from their experiences.
This is a role that will allow you to contribute to building real software and also take a public-facing role representing the platform to developer communities. It is part marketing, part engineering and part community building with a healthy sprinkle of education and public relations.
- Expand the number of active and influential open source projects using InterSystems’ technology
- Create and deliver impactful content (sample code, blog posts, presentations, etc.) that help developers learn concepts and build successful apps and integrations on our data management platform.
- Develop performance indicators and results for awareness and engagement, and create a reporting cadence.
- Collaborate across the organization to create videos, courses, or exercises to meet the needs of new-to-InterSystems developers.
- Support various development events/hackathons and evangelize our IRIS Data Platform
- 5+ years in software engineering at top companies.
- 2+ years in developer relations/advocacy/evangelism
- A track record of speaking, presenting and teaching highly technical topics.
- Continual learner who thrives on figuring out new technology.
- Broad understanding of the open source software space.
- Superior oral and written communication skills in English.
- Experience with a mix of database technologies (SQL/relational, NoSQL/document, key-value, unstructured).
- Experience in a variety of programming languages
- Willingness to travel and ability to work autonomously.
- Bachelors in a STEM related field
- Bonus points for having experience with InterSystems technology
InterSystems is the engine behind the world’s most important applications. In healthcare, business, government, and other sectors where lives and livelihoods are at stake, InterSystems is the power behind what matters™. Founded in 1978, InterSystems is a privately held company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts (USA), with offices worldwide, and its software products are used daily by millions of people in more than 80 countries. For more information, visit InterSystems.com.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.