Data QA Engineer
- Create and execute test plans and test cases for backend data testing for SHYFT product lines (analytics and insights).
- Develop and manage QA database environments for simulation of client back-ends using ETL and data loading processes.
- Front End testing to validate back-end structures and data; in addition, a standard level of front-end API testing and validation is also required to ensure total product quality.
- Debug and originate SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Release Regression testing (both manual and automated) via Selenium grid and individual testing suites.
- Use defect tracking tools; create QA projects, track results, organize testing metrics and calculations.
- Prioritize and escalate issues in relation to importance for a given project or customer risk assessment.
- Interface with internal and external cross-functional teams in the process of gathering platform design and functionality requirements.
- Actively engage and support all SCRUM team activities.
- Proactively identify bottlenecks in the SDLC process, and give recommendations and/or feedback for all known issues.
- 2-5 years of database application testing experience (MS SQL Server and T-SQL preferred).
- Familiarity with data modeling, Data Management, and Data Quality best practice methodologies.
- Proven ability to translate software requirements/stories into accurate and complete test scenarios, including identifying the detailed test data and environment needs.
- Experience creating and executing test plans and test cases for front end testing.
- Experience creating and executing test plans and test cases for data processing testing.
- Familiarity with automation methodologies as well as scripting within a Selenium environment using testing frameworks, such as NUnit, JUnit, TestNG or equivalent.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills - verbal and written.
- Extensive working experience with SDLC best practices in an Agile environment.
- Knowledge of analytical approaches, statistical techniques and relevant technologies for healthcare industry.
- Possesses the ability to mentor and train team members on all aspects of DB test methodologies and scripting.
- Experience with NoSQL databases and/or Apache Spark
What's in it for you?
- Develop modern testing techniques on applications that deliver integrated data and guided analytics using commercial and clinical data to help improve the efficiency of the healthcare ecosystem
- Join a rapidly growing company with many opportunities to expand your role and responsibilities
- Be challenged in finding hidden issues in a highly sophisticated and well-developed solution that resolves complex problems
- Work in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment, including dedicated UI/UX experts
- Learn and contribute to the engineering organization’s best practices
- Competitive compensation
- Employee Stock Program
- Generous rewards program
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Paid Vacation/Sick Pay Program
- Holiday pay
- 401K w/Company Match
- AD&D and Life Insurance
- Company Outings/Social Events
SHYFT Analytics, a Medidata company, is the leading platform for commercial and real-world data analytics, with products designed specifically for the pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device industry. SHYFT’s data analytics platform is the most efficient and scalable way to transform massive amounts of complex healthcare data into on-demand clinical and commercial insight. SHYFT is headquartered in Boston with offices in San Francisco and New York City. Learn more about SHYFT at www.shyftanalytics.com, or follow the company on Twitter @SHYFTAnalytics or LinkedIn. WE NOTE THAT THE ABOVE JOB POSTING IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A COMPREHENSIVE JOB DESCRIPTION. IT IS A BRIEF SUMMARY OF THE SALIENT FEATURES OF THE POSITION OFFERED. A COMPREHENSIVE JOB DESCRIPTION WILL BE PROVIDED SHOULD THE CANDIDATE RECEIVE A JOB OFFER FROM THE COMPANY.