Data Engineer (Boston or San Francisco)
Projects we are working on (and you may work on, too)
- Productize machine learning models and build a world-class automated evaluation system to manage risk exposure while delivering the best possible experience to our customers
- Design, build, and implement scalable streaming data pipelines and ETL frameworks to increase data access and decrease analysis and decision times across the organization
- Build an open transaction protocol where users can send money and exchange value that utilizes both new and traditional technologies to deliver value the fastest and cheapest way possible
- Leverage blockchain technology in a new transaction framework so that Financial Institutions an exchange value and associated metadata in a compliant manner.
- Own software throughout the entire development life-cycle
- Share ideas to improve our product and processes, make decisions that have significant impact, and provide feedback so we can continue to get better
- Develop your skills, collaborate across teams and continue to learn.
What you'll bring to Circle
- Experience writing high quality code in Python plus another OOP language (Java, Scala, C++, Go, etc)
- Experience working with RDBM systems, particularly familiarity with SQL
- 3+ years experience building distributed solutions in Spark, MapReduce or other MPP system with associated data models and datastores (e.g., Redshift, Cassandra, HBase, Parquet)
- Production development of event-based applications using frameworks such as Kinesis, Kafka, Spark Streaming, or similar
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques, continuous deployment pipelines and tools, and AWS technology stack a plus
- Desire to work across internal teams to identify requirements and iterate on solutions
- Debug complex production issues across various levels of the tech stack
- Interest in impacting the way money moves between people
Circle was founded in 2013 by internet entrepreneurs Jeremy Allaire and Sean Neville. We’re backed by $140 million from investors including Jim Breyer (Facebook), Goldman Sachs, IDG Capital (Baidu, Tencent), General Catalyst (AirBnB, Snapchat) and Accel Partners, with offices in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Dublin, London and Hong Kong. Check us out at circle.com and download Circle Pay & Circle Invest for iOS and Android today. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.