Customer Experience Engineer
Overview of NuoDB:
Designed to address the needs of today's businesses as they prepare for the future, NuoDB's elastic SQL database combines the scale-out simplicity, elasticity, and continuous availability that cloud applications require, with the transactional consistency and durability that databases of record demand. Conceived by database innovator Jim Starkey, NuoDB is backed by three former CEOs of the four original relational database companies.
The right candidate brings a unique combination of technical and communication skills, with a strong work ethic and desire for collaboration with customers, developers, architects and sales staff. You will never be bored as our Customer Experience Engineers dive deep into database applications and deployments - they are the masters of NuoDB and how it is best used by customers. They comfortably move between software engineering and customer service in a very fast paced start-up environment as they assist our rapidly growing world-wide customer base in exploring this exciting new technology. A NuoDB Customer Experience Engineer will lead and contribute to ongoing continuous improvement and best practices development in all areas of service. You will represent the “voice of the customer” to the rest of NuoDB - championing customer success, happiness, and satisfaction through patience, understanding, and technical expertise
Required Skills and Experience:
- Three or more years of experience working with users and developers to troubleshoot, reproduce and resolve issues in a Linux environment
- Strong understanding of SQL and relational database management systems
- Programming experience in:
- Experience with distributed cloud based environments (public, private and hybrid)
- Excellent written and verbal skills with a genuine commitment to customer success
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience in software or other relevant field
NuoDB provides equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, race, religion, sex, sexual preference, national origin, disability or genetics.