Chief Information Security Officer at Everbridge
Greater Boston Area
!Sorry, this job was removed at 11:54 a.m. (EST) on Friday, February 21, 2020
As Everbridge’s Chief Information Security Officer, you'll own all elements of our global information security program and be accountable for the security and protection of all information entrusted to Everbridge by its customers, partners, and employees. Ultimately, you'll be responsible for creating an organizational culture where information security is ingrained into the fabric of Everbridge's standard business operations. You're an information security leader with a background in security architecture or engineering. You have experience developing, implementing, and managing complex security programs that reduce operational risk.
You understand the importance of being flexible, creative, and resourceful in order to design an information security program that addresses the specific business challenges of an innovative, fast-growing SaaS platform. You know how to interact and communicate across the organization, using your domain knowledge and acumen to inspire confidence and trust amongst both technology and business leaders.
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with Operations, IT and Product Groups including Product Management and Engineering
- Conduct a thorough evaluation of Everbridge’s security needs, priorities and opportunities in order to visualize, create, and execute on an information security program from its inception
- Design and develop an information security program roadmap to align and scale with company growth
- Lead security assessment and testing processes, including but not limited to penetration testing, vulnerability management, and secure software development at a global level
- Plan for and manage incident response plans and activities while minimizing effect on the business
- Develop and extend security tooling and automation efforts across the organization
- Proactively identify security issues and potential threats and continuously build processes and design systems to watch for and protect against them
- Lead compliance activities including external audits, regulatory compliance projects and certifications, and overall information security reviews
- Educate the organization about these threats and implement threat protection measures at a global level
- Serve as information security expert in front of the Board of Directors and the Senior Management Team
- Advocate for secure application and infrastructure best practices, ensuring a security presence at all stages of the software development lifecycle
- Manage relationships with external information security technology vendors and specialized information security professional services firms
- Attract, develop, and retain a highly talented team as the information security program grows
What you'll bring:
- 20+ years of relevant experience in the information security space, preferably with both large and small, high-growth companies
- Expert experience with cloud security, platforms and services, including understanding of current security offerings from leading cloud service providers (e.g. AWS), and their applicability to securing a SaaS enterprise security environment
- Experience in the evaluation and implementation of industry standard enterprise wide information security technologies and concepts, including but not limited to: Application Security, Cloud Security (AWS), Data Loss Prevention, Security Event Management, GRC Tools, Threat and Vulnerability Management and Identity and Access Management.
- Clear understanding of relevant information security governance, technical and security standards and regulations
- Familiarity with industry security standards including NIST 800-53, ISO 27001 and ISO 27018 as well as current data privacy regulations, including GDPR and regional standards.
- Deep knowledge of networking and network security
- Strong understanding and experience with Secure SDLC and DevSecOps or security automation
- Ability to work under pressure across multiple stakeholders
- Excellent written and communication skills and ability to communicate across all levels of an organization
At Everbridge, we have a mission that matters – to keep people safe and businesses running during critical events. Our “Bridgers” join Everbridge to make a positive impact on the world through their work. The core of our company culture is built around making a difference. Our people are dedicated to solving problems during difficult times and challenging situations as our software was built to save lives.
We are a rapidly growing organization transforming the field of critical event management and need passionate, committed and determined individuals to help us carry out our mission. Our environment is dynamic, and our culture is constantly evolving and expanding in order to provide the best employee experience.
Click here to learn more about what we do. Passionate about our mission? Want to #BeTheBridge? Apply to be a part of our team today!
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Read Full Job Description