Chief Information Security Officer at Everbridge
Who we are:
Everbridge is the Global leader in Critical Event Management & Enterprise Safety Applications that automate and accelerate an organization’s operational response to critical events in order to keep people safe, assets protected and businesses running faster.
Headquartered in the great cities of Boston and Los Angeles, with operations all over the world, our team of 800+ dedicated employees support over 4700 global customers every day in their most crucial moments. During public safety threats such as active assailant situations, terrorist attacks or severe weather conditions, as well as critical business events such as IT outages or cyber-attack incidents, customers rely on our SaaS-based platform to quickly and reliably aggregate and assess threat data, locate people at risk and responders able to assist, automate the execution of pre-defined communications processes, and track progress on executing response plans.
Our culture is all about “Making a Difference,” and we are proud to serve:
- 25% of the FTSE 100
- 9 of the 10 largest U.S. cities
- 9 of the 10 largest U.S.-based investment banks
- 46 of the 50 busiest North American airports
- 6 of the 10 largest global automakers
- Over 1,000 Hospitals
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Who you are:
As Everbridge’s Chief Information Security Officer, you'll own all elements of our global information security program and be accountable for the security and protection of all information entrusted to Everbridge by its customers, partners, and employees. Ultimately, you'll be responsible for creating an organizational culture where information security is ingrained into the fabric of Everbridge's standard business operations.
You're an information security leader with a background in security architecture or engineering. You have experience developing, implementing, and managing complex security programs that reduce operational risk.
You understand the importance of being flexible, creative, and resourceful in order to design an information security program that addresses the specific business challenges of an innovative, fast-growing SaaS platform. You know how to interact and communicate across the organization, using your domain knowledge and acumen to inspire confidence and trust amongst both technology and business leaders.
What you’ll bring to EVBG:
- Collaborate with Operations, IT and Product Groups including Product Management and Engineering
- Conduct a thorough evaluation of Everbridge’s security needs, priorities and opportunities in order to visualize, create, and execute on an information security program from its inception
- Design and develop an information security program roadmap to align and scale with company growth
- Lead security assessment and testing processes, including but not limited to penetration testing, vulnerability management, and secure software development at a global level
- Plan for and manage incident response plans and activities while minimizing effect on the business
- Develop and extend security tooling and automation efforts across the organization
- Proactively identify security issues and potential threats and continuously build processes and design systems to watch for and protect against them
- Lead compliance activities including external audits, regulatory compliance projects and certifications, and overall information security reviews
- Educate the organization about these threats and implement threat protection measures at a global level
- Serve as information security expert in front of the Board of Directors and the Senior Management Team
- Advocate for secure application and infrastructure best practices, ensuring a security presence at all stages of the software development lifecycle
- Manage relationships with external information security technology vendors and specialized information security professional services firms
- Attract, develop, and retain a highly talented team as the information security program grows
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 20+ years of relevant experience in the information security space, preferably with both large and small, high-growth companies
- Expert experience with cloud security, platforms and services, including understanding of current security offerings from leading cloud service providers (e.g. AWS), and their applicability to securing a SaaS enterprise security environment
- Experience in the evaluation and implementation of industry standard enterprise wide information security technologies and concepts, including but not limited to: Application Security, Cloud Security (AWS), Data Loss Prevention, Security Event Management, GRC Tools, Threat and Vulnerability Management and Identity and Access Management.
- Clear understanding of relevant information security governance, technical and security standards and regulations
- Familiarity with industry security standards including NIST 800-53, ISO 27001 and ISO 27018 as well as current data privacy regulations, including GDPR and regional standards.
- Deep knowledge of networking and network security
- Strong understanding and experience with Secure SDLC and DevSecOps or security automation
- Ability to work under pressure across multiple stakeholders
- Excellent written and communication skills and ability to communicate across all levels of an organization
As we continue to grow and transform the field of critical event management, we need passionate, committed individuals to help us carry out our mission. Click here to learn more about what we do.
Do you think you have what it takes to make a difference? Apply to be a part of our award-winning team today!
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.