Chief Architect at Examity
Examity is the world leader in online proctoring. Founded in 2013, we work with colleges, employers, and assessment providers to protect online test integrity. Since 2013, the market for online proctoring has only increased – today, we maintain five global locations, support over 500 clients, and proctor nearly 3 million exam sessions per year.
Being one of the fastest-growing Edtech companies in the United States starts with having the best team. Our employees are the heartbeat and backbone of everything we do. Together, we're able to build a better testing experience that meets candidates where they are. If you share our passion for providing the most innovative, versatile, and secure online proctoring in the industry, then we would love to talk to you.
The Chief Architect’s role oversees all end-to-end architecture including infrastructure, database and software components. This person will provide architectural oversight and governance processes with the team, application, and product to ensure consistency across offerings both at a business and enterprise level. We are seeking an innovative, hands-on leader who will create, communicate and drive our technology strategy. This position reports to the CTO.
- Work at the intersection of infrastructure and software engineering, and design and deploy cloud infrastructure using Azure & AWS.
- Provide guidance to end-to-end architecture working across cross functional teams, documenting design principles on messaging and interaction across components.
- Serve as the technical champion of systems and its interaction at scale.
- Provide PaaS offerings that are easy to consume, elastic, secure, and reliable using commercially available cloud solutions.
- Bring together cross-functional teams and build automation to deliver programmable infrastructure. Design the cloud and container strategy around SaaS Solutions.
- Provide well-informed guidance regarding the application of the platform and other supporting technologies to assist in the deployment of public & private cloud service offerings. This includes developing the company’s public and private cloud roadmap and extending functionality.
- Facilitate guidance on definition of done, examine test coverage with focus on scalability, performance and availability.
- Collaborate with the operations team on complex issues and incidents effecting customer base.
- Act as a subject matter expert, bridging our technical and business audiences during solution planning, development, and deployment.
- Influence business stakeholders on strategic product direction.
- Establish enterprise-wide architecture practices that are used by various architects to ensure Examity’s vision can be diligently executed upon.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or closely related discipline.
- 15+ years of experience in defining architecture strategies. Background as a chief architect or principal-level enterprise architect for an entire organization or a large portfolio.
- Experience providing strategic technology direction and architecture vision, encompassing an enterprise view across a large portfolio of capabilities.
- Exposure to large scale B2B cloud companies with global presence.
- Experience with AWS/Azure and associated cloud technologies, Microservices, and DevOps tools and technologies is a requirement. Should possess building strategies for Cloud and APIs enablement and usage, with associated architecture concepts for security, native vs. containerization and multi-cloud abilities.
- Expertise in building applications, solutions and reusable capabilities as well as integration with SaaS solutions using superior security, standard methodologies and leading technologies.
- Extensive experience in defining technology blueprints and roadmaps that include establishing technology standards and policies.
- Advanced programming experience with Python, Java, C#, or equivalent.
- Deep knowledge of data architecture, database design, data quality, tools, processes and governance.
- Ability to work in a ‘hands-on’ environment that requires a consultative, collaborative approach and solutions that span multiple business functions.
- Possess a performance engineering background with eye for scaling solutions is a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development at scale, including Agile, SCRUM.
- Deep understanding of infrastructure including web server, app servers, DNS server, load balancing and security posture in DC as well as in public cloud.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas.
Examity offers a competitive salary, 401(k), and a comprehensive benefits package, providing full coverage for health and dental premiums for both individuals and families. As one of the fastest-growing companies in Massachusetts, you will be challenged to build your skills and take on increasing responsibility. Our office environment is open, collaborative, fast-paced and high energy. Examity’s urban office location in Newton, MA provides access to local shopping and restaurants. Employees enjoy Examity’s free snacks and drinks, a flexible work schedule, and frequent group outings to skyboxes for Celtics, Red Sox and summer concerts.
You can't spell Examity without "team." Which is why we built our business around the most collaborative and passionate people in the industry. We're always looking to grow our family, so if you're interested in joining us, please don't hesitate to reach out. We would love to hear from you! Examity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We thrive because of the diversity of our employees. At Examity, people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives are always welcome. We foster an environment of mutual respect and do not tolerate any discrimination. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.