What We Value
- Pride in driving any size project to completion.
- Passion for building products that enable customers to solve their problems.
- Strong engineering background in fields such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Physics.
- Facility with writing maintainable, documented, and effective code.
- Familiarity with data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks, and other technical tools.
- Ability to work effectively in teams with technical and non-technical members.
- Skill and comfort working in a rapidly changing environment with dynamic objectives.
- Capacity to learn new skills, educate others, work autonomously, and make decisions with minimal supervision.
What You Will Work On
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems across the Markforged software platform.
- Architect a scalable backend to store the world's 3D data and allow seamless collaboration between users.
- Work with a wide range of technologies to solve problems from end-to-end.
- Build new features for internal and external users.
- Development on the Debian-based IoT system that powers the printer.
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Guaranteeing stability of the production environment.
What We Look For
- Proficiency in writing node applications and services.
- Strong desire to minimize operational overhead of systems.
- Expertise with developing and deploying systems on AWS.
- Knack for troubleshooting complex customer-facing systems.
- Working knowledge of Postgres and Redis.
- Comfortable with Linux, security, and networking fundamentals.
- Ability to take ownership of a project and execute it with technical excellence.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence. To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.