Back End Engineer
Greater Boston Area
We create technology with heart for the health of every person in the world.
Buoy builds a free digital health tool that helps people – from the moment they get sick – start their health care on the right foot. Started by a team of doctors and computer scientists working at the Harvard Innovation Laboratory in Boston MA, Buoy was developed in direct response to the downward spiral we’ve all faced when we attempt to self-diagnose our symptoms online. Buoy leverages artificial intelligence – powered by advanced machine learning and proprietary granular data - to resemble an exchange you would have with your favorite doctor – to provide consumers with a real-time, accurate analysis of their symptoms and help them easily and quickly embark on the right path to getting better. Buoy is based in Boston and was founded in 2014.
Buoy is taking on the multi-faceted challenge of applying Artificial Intelligence to medicine and developing novel interfaces and algorithms to reason about the relationship between humans, symptoms, and illnesses. We are looking for an experienced software engineer to join a collaborative engineering team dedicated to improving our core product, integrating new user experiences, establishing a scalable architecture for our growing codebase, and helping to build better tools for reporting and data analysis. A strong candidate will have a passion for solving healthcare-related problems, be able to contribute to a variety of different projects and will excel at communicating with both technical and non-technical members of the team.
In a typical week, you may:
· Implement new features for Buoy’s AI Health Assistant
· Implement new data models, REST APIs, and services using Python and Django
· Develop and deploy new user experiences, measuring success using A / B testing methods
· Work with our data science team to understand trends in data and support development of reports to support ongoing analysis across the organization
· Participate in agile process, code reviews, and release testing
· Integrate new frameworks and contribute to team documentation
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent
· Proficiency with Python (2+ years)
· Good written, spoken, and visual communication skills
· Experience developing REST APIs
· React and related JS frameworks
· Experience with A/B and Unit Testing methods
· Scripting and database knowledge, including SQL
Read Full Job Description