Automation QA Engineer
Automation QA Engineer
CrunchTime! Information Systems is experiencing record growth and is looking for intelligent, motivated, and passionate people who want to share our success as we continue to set the industry standard.
CrunchTime!'s Quality Assurance group is seeking a Lead Automation Quality Assurance Engineer. The ideal candidate has experience testing and/or troubleshooting software applications as well as building and enhancing automation frameworks. The successful candidate exhibits a high level of self-motivation and independence as well as the ability to work within a team environment. This individual will play a major role in expanding the current automated test suite.
* U.S. work authorization is required.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Design, develop, execute, and code-review automated test suites. Familiarity with open source QA tools and techniques, bug tracking systems, and test design and execution is essential.
- Maintain and enhance existing test automation framework, supporting automated functional testing.
- Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Participate fully in the SDLC process.
- Working knowledge of automation tool sets, such as selenium Webdriver and Grid, automation testing framework written in java using testng.
- Strong database skills with hands on SQL query writing and back end validation
- Good knowledge and experience in software testing methodology, test development, and test execution involving multiple types of testing (e.g. Functional, System, Integration, Regression, and Performance).
- Must have solid foundation with test automation concepts and methods including an understanding of black box, grey box and white box testing.
- Web applications troubleshooting experience using standard web development tools such as browser’s developer tools.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to create clear, concise defect submissions
- Ability to troubleshoot software defects and identify the root cause
- Ability to work effectively with Development Engineers to get bugs documented and fixed
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with CI tools (such as Jenkins), and Source Control tools (such as SNV)
- Strong understanding of HTTP protocols, RESTful Web Services
- Experience of Android and iOS mobile automation test framework (nice to have but not required)
- Experience with ORACLE
- Experience with ERP applications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or Computer Science