Asssociate Software Engineer
Dawn Foods is a leading global bakery manufacturing and distribution organization with 100 years of history. We built our Digital innovation Hub in Boston’s Back Bay and staffed the start-up with top talent from leading Boston eCommerce firms like Keurig, Staples, BJ’s, and Wayfair. The Boston office has a broad mandate to drive the company’s digital capabilities and reports to our Boston-based Chief Digital Officer. This is a start-up opportunity to build digital capabilities from the ground up using a headless commerce architecture with the latest technologies across the digital ecosystem.
This role reports to our Boston-based, Senior Director of Digital Technology.
- Experience building modern technology based web apps.
- Creative problem solving and troubleshooting skills; Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with frequent production releases.
- Degree in Computer Science, a related field, immersive coding, or industry experience.
- Participate in the entire development life cycle, from concept to release
- Build highly scalable microservices that run on public cloud infrastructures
- Build modular/reusable UI components
- Implement new features and improve the ones already built
- Partner with Architect and team to drive innovative solutions to meet business needs
- Develop and execute roadmap to improve stability, resiliency, and performance of platforms
- Contribute to application and technical architecture plans of existing tools and systems
- Be part of or lead initiatives to develop and improve standards and methodologies
- Ensure alignment to quality standards
- OOP Languages: Java
- Web Services: SOAP, REST services, XML/XSL/XSD, GraphQL Server and Client
- Middleware: Tomcat, Apache HTTP Server, Nginx, or other major application server(s)
- Databases: MongoDB, or MySQL
- ESB: Mulesoft, IBM or similar
- NoSQL/Caching: Cassandra, Redis, Memcached
- Security: Secure design and coding, scan tools, remediation, XSS, XSRF, SQLi, XMLi, CORS, etc.
- Infra: Hands-on experience with GCP, infrastructure-as-code toolset
- Containers: Docker, Kubernetes
- Development Tools: Apache Maven, GitHub
- Environment: Experience with Linux/RHEL and Bash scripting
- Testing: Continuous integration and writing unit tests, set up and maintain DevOps tools
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.