Associate Software Engineer - Drupal at Acquia
Acquia is driving the open-source revolution as the leading provider of cloud-based digital experience management solutions. What does that mean? Collaborators within Acquia and volunteers around the globe are continually strengthening Drupal, our award-winning platform, to fuel the dreamers and doers who are delivering amazing digital experiences at the world’s most ambitious brands like Pinterest, Whole Foods, and the Australian government.
Our success begins with our team. That’s why Acquia prides itself on hiring innovative people who demonstrate an eagerness to grow, make an impact, and seek out new challenges to create bigger, better, and bolder customer experiences.
To do this, we match our talented new hires that have a passion and dedication to learning and contributing with opportunities that not only harness their strengths but also challenge them to stretch beyond their comfort zone and tackle problems at the edge of their skill set. Our goal is to present opportunities that inspire collaboration, creativity, and professional development.
Headquartered in Boston with our EMEA Head office in Reading, UK and further European offices in Brighton, Paris, Munich and Ghent, we have been named as one of the world’s fastest growing software companies and have been rated a leader by the analyst community.
About the team you will be on…
The Cohesion acquisition by Acquia provides a unique opportunity for a highly motivated senior Drupalist looking to further their career over the long term.
As an Associate Software Engineer, you will…
- Be the third line support for the Cohesion Drupal modules
- Investigate and resolve defects
- Escalate more involved issues to the development team and some feature development work
- Develop new features within the cohesion suite of modules
- Work with the existing Acquia stack of products
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Develop functional test writing in ES6 using Cypress
- Collaborate closely with other team members and stakeholders
You’ll enjoy this role if you…
- Take pride in the work delivered and tremendous attention to detail
- Go the extra mile to deliver high quality work on time
- Have a professional and positive approach, self-motivated
- Demonstrate a strong collaborative work style (ie. building relationships, team player dynamic)
- Are creative with the ability to work on your own initiative
What you’ll need to be successful…
- Strong experience developing and maintaining Drupal 8.x custom modules
- Strong experience writing and
- Familiarity with build tools, such as Composer, Grunt and Gulp.js and Webpack
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Unit test writing with PHPUnit
- Strong analytical skills
Extra credit if you
- Exposure to Acquia enterprise products including Content Hub, Acquia Cloud, etc.
- Exposure to build tools such as https://www.acquia.com/products-services/acquia-blt
- Some experience using CI/CD tools including Jenkins CI
- Module or core contributions on Drupal.org
- Very competitive salary from the world’s largest player in the Drupal space
- Private health insurance including pre-existing conditions
- Private dental plan
- 1:1 matched pension contributions
We are committed to continually strengthening our people-first culture within our Acquia family. Acquia is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Our highly motivated team features individuals from a multitude of backgrounds who offer their unique perspectives, starting with their first project as a new hire to their 100th as a manager and beyond. For every step in between, we help Acquians grow by promoting a culture of continuous learning through mentorship, knowledge-sharing, feedback, and more.
Thank you for considering Acquia for your next career move, and we look forward to receiving your application. There’s no such thing as the perfect candidate. So, we’re not looking for someone who matches all of our criteria; we’re looking for someone with the potential to grow outward and upward. Regardless of how much of the criteria you meet, you should apply!