Associate Application Engineer at Markforged
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:21 a.m. (EST) on Wednesday, September 23, 2020
Markforged is reinventing manufacturing so you can build anything you imagine. As the fastest-growing additive manufacturing company in the US, Markforged provides the most affordable metal and carbon fiber 3D printers on the market. Engineers, designers, and manufacturing professionals all over the world rely on Markforged products for tooling, fixtures, functional prototyping, and production parts to optimize their manufacturing operations and supply chains. Founded in 2013 and based in Watertown, MA, Markforged has about 250 employees globally and $137 million in both strategic and venture capital.
We are building a world-class team of Application Engineers (AE) that represent the face of Markforged. If you are mechanically inclined, enjoy a new challenge every day, engineering minded, and thrive in a customer facing environment, you will want to join our Application Engineering team. Within this role, there are two directions that a new hire can take: Content Focused or Technical Resource Focused.
If you are interested in creating compelling content (such as Webinars, Whitepapers, Application Demos, or other special projects) and are an engineer with manufacturing know-how, design intent, and well developed speaking and writing skills then our Associate AE is the path for you.
If you are more technically inclined and you want to be the first technical resource for questions from the field as well as internal sales team then the Associate AE position is also for you. Day to day tasks include running printers, optimizing geometries for fiber pathing and successful printing, answering technical questions, and developing content for use in the field. From this position, progression paths include standard AE roles in both the Field and Strategic teams.
If you believe that you’d be a great addition to this team in either of these roles, please attach a cover letter and portfolio of relevant engineering projects.
In this role you will:
- Gain expert technical knowledge and proficiency for Markforged products, applications, and the additive manufacturing industry in general.
- Leverage this expertise to generate innovative ideas for better utilization of our printers with our customers and partners.
- Develop training content for customers and partners.
- Provide sales support, solve printing/design challenges tailored to unique applications.
- Conduct product demonstrations, sales presentations, maintain presence at trade shows and industrial events.
- Support internal teams (sales, marketing, engineering, product design).
What we look for:
- Skilled at connecting strategy to purpose - connect customer processes with Markforged product application.
- Creative, energetic, and motivated self-starters with a high level of mechanical aptitude.
- Consultative, articulate, and comfortable speaking with inspiration for webinars and training
- Customer focused who effectively leverage printing tools to solve problems
- Able to work towards a goal with focus, but flexible and willing to do what it takes to meet organization needs with a start-up mentality.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar field
- 0-2 years of experience in engineering or related fields
- CAD experience
- Manufacturing experience
- Willingness to travel up to 20% (Technical Enablement Focus only)
- Verbal and Written Communication skills required
- U.S. Citizenship required
Help us reinvent manufacturing.
We are reinventing manufacturing so that engineers can build anything they imagine.
We are one team that wins together!
You will be engaging every day with passionate and dedicated individuals in a collaborative environment working towards making best-in-class products.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more. Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks. You will have unlimited access to our 3D printers for professional and personal parts!
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description