Applications Security Engineer
Acquia, is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalized, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the field of application security.
- Perform security testing and design reviews.
- Advocate security, secure design, and coding practices throughout Acquia.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to implement customer-facing security features.
- Maintain strong knowledge of common security vulnerabilities, attack vectors, and remediation techniques.
- Develop technical solutions to help mitigate security vulnerabilities.
- Drive security requirements through designing and building prototypes and / or proofs of concept.
- Deliver design documents and creating user stories.
- Evaluate, implement, and support security-focused tools and services.
- Execute projects effectively and efficiently.
- 5+ years experience practicing secure software development and architecture.
- Experience working on code reviews, pen-tests, or similar projects.
- Strong Object Oriented Programming experience with a scripting language such as Ruby, Python, PHP, etc.
- Passion for websites and website delivery architecture.
- Deep, working knowledge of LAMP stack--OS, web server, and database systems.
- At least 5 years experience in cloud and/or security architecture and in SaaS services including APIs.
- Knowledge of a broad range of attack vectors and exploits.
- Experience deploying and using open source and commercial security development and testing tools.
- Excellent technical documentation skills.
- Results driven, creative, professional, persistent, quality oriented, and self-motivated work style.
- Flexibility to the needs of the business.
- High volume log collection and analysis experience a plus.
- Experience as an open source project contributor a plus.
- Experience with Drupal a plus.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.