Additive Training Engineer at Markforged
!Sorry, this job was removed at 2:16 p.m. (EST) on Thursday, November 14, 2019
At Markforged, we are on a mission to unlock the next 10x innovation in design and manufacturing. We build an Industrial 3D Printing Platform to liberate designers and engineers from decades-old, slow part creation processes. NASA, Google, Ford, Amazon, Siemens and thousands of companies in over 50 countries use Markforged to print same-day prototypes and produce stronger end-use parts than they did before. With Markforged, customers are able to ship 50X faster, spend 20X less, and build products that are 23X stronger.
The biggest barrier to adopting new technology is the skill gap: making sure the right people with the right skills are in the right job. As an Additive Training Engineer, you will play a key role in enabling customers and partners to maximize the value of their investment in Markforged by delivering certification-based training programs on a variety of additive-related topics, arming engineers with the skills they need to be successful, and driving adoption and usage across the industry.
Key responsibilities for this role include preparing, conducting and evaluating technical training programs; developing training materials and assessments; conducting classes on operating Markforged printers (composites and metals), Design for Additive Manufacturing and building business cases for using additive; and providing post-training reports to customers, partners and internal stakeholders.
In this role you will:
- Prepare and conduct technical training programs, with an emphasis on Design for Additive Manufacturing (DfAM)
- Assess training needs and certification requirements
- Conduct pre-training discovery workshops to identify opportunities to tailor training to customer needs
- Prepare training materials and classroom agenda
- Provide end-user training for customers and partners
- Conduct presentations and webinars
- Create instructor materials (course outlines, background material, instructional materials and training aids)
- Assist in designing and creating computer-based and multimedia curriculum
- Continuously enhance technical instruction delivery and presentation skills
- Plan and direct classroom training, electronic learning, multimedia programs and other computer-aided instructional technologies
What we look for:
- Proven experience as a technical trainer OR relevant experience in manufacturing/mechanical engineering or related fields
- Knowledge of modern training techniques and tools in technical subjects
- Experience in designing technical course content
- Working knowledge in MS Office (especially Powerpoint); experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS) a plus
- Outstanding communication skills and comfortable presenting in front of groups of people for extended periods of time
- Excellent organizational and time-management abilities
- Degree in a relevant technical field
- Certification such as CTT+ (Certified Technical Trainer) is a strong asset
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning, data-driven decision making, and prioritization
- We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up
- We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates
- We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more
- Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description