Director, HR Business Partner
The Director, HR will partner with athenahealth’s technical and product management functions by leading and implementing Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity and standards, goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. He/she will be a strategic partner to the client groups in which he/she supports. In addition, this individual will effectively collaborate with the HR Centers of Expertise which include: Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Rewards & Recognition, Leadership Development, and Shared Services.
The person in this role will possess strong business acumen with proven ability to align business needs with HR support and solutions to move the business forward in a fast paced, agile, high growth, changing environment.
The candidate will also have strong management and leadership competencies and has a proven track record of demonstrated success with cultivating and leading high performing teams.
- Strategic partner and positioning – this role will support technical and product management functions. Understand the external factors and trends that shape the needs of a technical business. Translates strategy into talent and culture needs for the workforce of tomorrow.
- Credible activist – trusted advisor to the business and employees. Has a point of view about HR and business matters. Can effectively balance people and business needs. Always improves what they inherit
- HR Innovator & Integrator – innovates and integrates HR practices around a few critical business issues. Leverages and lifts up the entire HR function and serves as the single face to the business when a solution is needed.
- HR Pro and Leader – Inspires and leads HR team and business clients. Works to build up and develop the people around them. Holds people accountable when necessary. A coach to everyone. A constant source of great talent with a visible legacy
- Paradox Navigator-Effectively manages the tensions that exist in the work settings i.e. tensions between high-level strategic issues and operational details, between internal focus on employees and external focus on customer and investors etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation and presentation skills
- Possess strong leadership skills, exceptional emotional intelligence, and unquestionable integrity
- Ability to handle and resolve problems, confidential and sensitive situations and issues of complex nature
- Ability to translate business vision and strategy into an executable People agenda
- Demonstrate ability to work independently, and collaborate effectively with others
- Creative problem solver; with ability to both work within processes and to think “outside the box"
- Able to be proactive, prioritize work and handle multiple assignments
- Influences and interacts effectively with all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated competence in the various HR functional areas: recruitment; compensation; employee relations; management coaching; organizational development
Education and Experience:
The ideal candidate will possess a high degree of intellectual curiosity; superior organizational, preparation, and analytical skills; and a strong work ethic. Comfort working on multiple initiatives in a highly dynamic environment as well as the ability to remain calm under pressure and/or in ambiguous situations is crucial.
Key qualifications of the successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- BA or BS required; Masters preferred and strong preference for PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, or SHRM-SCP certifications.
- Minimum of 15 years of professional experience working within the HR function preferably with focus/experience in employee relations, project management, training and/or organizational development.
- Excellent executive presence and financial and business acumen
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment