UX/UI, Team Lead at Acquia
Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology (built around Drupal) that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms. Headquartered in the U.S., we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia is seeking a UX Design Team Lead to help bring the company’s emerging digital experience platform product line to life. We are looking for innovators; professionals with an unrelenting belief in the power of user experience to transform businesses, and with the passion and commitment to help Acquia become recognized for elegant and powerful product experiences.
You’ll be joining a talented team of researchers and designers creating breakthrough products for people developing rich digital experiences with Drupal. Our customers are a savvy, demanding group; you and this team are responsible for delivering best-in-class applications in a fast-paced, agile, growth-oriented environment.
Acquia offers fabulous company benefits and a fast paced, highly motivated, enormously fun work environment, not to mention a career with great growth potential.
- Lead design teams to translate business and product requirements into visually beautiful concepts and highly-usable responsive experiences (e.g., user interface designs, interaction models, prototypes). You must be flexible and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment.
- Lead rapid iterative prototyping efforts with varying fidelity/presentation tools (e.g., sketches, storyboards, wireframes, clickable prototypes, compositions, and assets) mentoring and developing the skills of our other UX designers
- Work with our UX research team to fully understand, and become a strong advocate for, our user’s needs and the designs necessary to address them
- Work with UX and Product Leadership to iterate on product roadmaps
- Develop and ensure best design practices and communicate quality expectations across the organization
- Spend time with Acquia customers, prospects, partners, and internal stakeholders to understand user needs and evaluate designs
- Demonstrate a command of design methods, tools, communication, and presentation skills
- 5+ years experience
- A thorough understanding of user-centered design, with excellent hands-on graphic design skills and an ability to translate user requirements into a design vision
- Proficiency in software tools such as InVision, Sketch, Axure, Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, or similar
- Experience running small teams to accomplish varying project goals
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize requests, communicate with stakeholders, and meet expected milestones
- Examples of prior work and/or accomplishments are required
- Experience with SaaS product design and development
- Experience with designing information visualization and/or analytics-based recommender applications
- Familiarity with web development best practices and cloud architecture
- Experience with enterprise software development and/or Drupal experience
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.