UX Designer at MassMutual
Haven Life is MassMutual’s in-house startup and innovation hub. We combine the culture of a startup with the stability and backing of a Fortune 500 company to create an environment that's truly unique.
Haven Life is headquartered in New York, but we recently opened the Haven Boston Studio to focus on bringing new digital financial products to market that solve the most pressing unmet needs of everyday Americans. The Haven Boston Studio recently launched its first product (AgeUp), a new and novel way for everyday Americans to prepare for the possibility of life after age 90.
Our diverse team is comprised of smart, collaborative people who think big, execute quickly, and don't take themselves too seriously. We’re located about 2 blocks from South Station, in a vibrant startup office.
If you're creative, professional, and kind, we'd love to hear from you.
About this role
As a UX/UI designer, you’ll become an integral part of the Haven Boston Studio team. You will gain knowledge about our customers by being involved in research and user testing. You’ll help our product managers iterate through problems worth solving for our customers. Together with your fellow designer on the team, you will design simple and intuitive interfaces that make life less hard for our customers.
What you’ll be doing
- Design the user experience for modern disability insurance and annuity products
- Conduct customer research to discover needs, collect feedback, and test usability
- Translate research findings into design recommendations
- Collaborate with product managers and other designers to define, prioritize, and solve problems
- Create low- to high- fidelity outputs (sketches, user journey maps, user flows, wireframes, mockups, prototypes)
- Guide software engineers as they build your designs
- Offer feedback and critique to fellow designers
- Help the team by suggesting process improvements
- Advocate for customer needs, good design, and accessibility
- 0 - 3 years experience in user experience and user interface design
- Intellectually curious, pro-actively seeks to learn new things and drive improvements
- Embodies a team player mentality by modeling professional behavior, supporting a culture of collaboration and inclusion, while staying humble
- Strong portfolio showing breadth of UX Design work
- Understands the process of conducting user research
- Knowledge and/or experience in creating wireframes, diagrams, interactive prototypes, and high-fidelity designs
- Good communication and problem solving skills
- Must be able to work full-time from our Boston office when we return to the office full-time
- Authorized to work in the US without requiring sponsorship
- Experience designing responsive websites
- Experience facilitating design sprints/workshops
- Experience with data visualization/information design
- Experience writing HTML/CSS
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(k).
The privacy of your personal information is important to us, click here to review our privacy notice.