We are looking for a Senior/Principal User Researcher to join the growing UX team at InterSystems. This role will be in TrakCare, a unified healthcare information system used in hospitals and healthcare facilities around the world. TrakCare is complex software used in a busy environment. The UX team at InterSystems has been working with the TrakCare agile teams for some time and the reception has been good. It’s now time to focus on increasing our understanding of our users and their goals.
You’ll be working with cross-functional teams consisting of UX, product, development, and others to evaluate current and planned features, and providing feedback for improvements and planning. Our colleagues in TrakCare have seen some user research in action and they are eager for more.
In this role, you’ll do some or all of the following (not all at once):
- Develop a deep understanding of users and their context using a variety of research techniques
- Evaluate the usability of current and in-progress features and project work, concepts and ideas
- Coordinate and perform user research, including interviews, usability testing, surveys, and other methods
- Establish user research as a fundamental part of the TrakCare product development process. Build the UX practice at InterSystems, for TrakCare
- Work to influence product direction
- Provide guidance and education to team members and stakeholders on the value of user research
What you’ll bring:
- 5 – 7+ years of user research experience
- A repertoire of qualitative user research techniques, skill in choosing the right technique for the problem
- An interest in learning and trying new things
- Strong collaboration, facilitation, teaching and influencing skills
- Ability to plan and prioritize work
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
- Experience working with third-party recruiters, consultants and contractors
- Adaptability, flexibility
- Experience working with learning services (documentation, training)
- Interest, ability run workshops, lunch and learns, to expose colleagues and co-workers to the importance of user research
InterSystems is the engine behind the world’s most important applications. In healthcare, business, government, and other sectors where lives and livelihoods are at stake, InterSystems is the power behind what matters™. Founded in 1978, InterSystems is a privately held company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts (USA), with offices worldwide, and its software products are used daily by millions of people in more than 80 countries. For more information, visit InterSystems.com.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.