To reinvent an industry, you have to build the best team. Join Formlabs if you want to bring ground-breaking professional 3D printers to the desktop of every designer, engineer, researcher, and artist in the world.
We’re looking for a user researcher with strong product instincts to help us develop great hardware, resins, and digital experiences. You’ll be responsible for all stages of user research for Formlabs. You’ll also use your findings to provide insights at key decision points, connecting our designers and engineers to the voice of the customer.
User research at Formlabs will cover quantitative and qualitative methods -- conveying customer insights to product, marketing, and engineering. If you’re passionate about user experience, we want you to join our team as a User Researcher.
- Develop and execute research programs as a team of one, with the autonomy to define the scope, timeline, and goals to uncover user needs
- Regularly perform research calls, interviews, surveys and field visits. Print and ship parts to solicit materials feedback and learn about new applications. Facilitate in-house alpha and external beta product testing in the run up to major hardware releases
- Work across the company and integrate with different teams (hardware, software, web, materials) as they develop new features; providing an advisory role, helping refine what they need to test, and setting a realistic scope for fast learning and execution
- Propose product features based on conversations with customers, knowing our product inside and out to develop your own sense of priority and the value of an opportunity
- Communicate and share insights in an effective way, whether written, verbal, audio or visual
- Know standard best practices, from design consulting or a hardware-driven user research role
- Are excited to implement user experience research methods at a startup, with limited resources and an undefined scope
- Are equally comfortable with quantitative and qualitative methods
- Ready to dive into messy datasets to set up regular reports and dashboards
- Confident, resourceful and ready to pull strings when you need to move quickly in order to interview a particular customer segment
- Are ready to live and breathe the evolving 3D printing market as a true hardware / product nerd at heart
- Have an engineering degree
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Even if you don't check every box, but see yourself contributing, please apply. Help us build an inclusive community that will change the face of 3D printing.