Sr. UX Researcher - Mobile Products at Chewy
Chewy is dedicated to being the most trusted and convenient online destination for pet parents (and partners), everywhere. The Chewy Research and Product Design team embraces this vision, crafting experiences that aim to delight customers (and the businesses and veterinarians that support them) with unprecedented ease and convenience, empowering them to keep their pets happy and healthy. We are a hard-working, collaborative, and fun-loving team of designers, researchers and builders, on the lookout for creative and driven talent to join the pack.
We are seeking a Sr. UX Researcher in Boston, MA to play a hands-on role in realizing Chewy’s vision, working side-by-side designers, product managers, and fellow researchers to proactively uncover insights, answer research questions, and drive the conception and creation of innovative new products and services. As the Sr. UX Researcher, you’ll be a thought leader for the mobile web and native mobile app experience throughout Chewy. You’ll have the opportunity to think and act big, exercising continuous innovation and a bias for action, coupled with thoughtful experimentation. The ideal candidate will be a systems-level thinker and visionary, with strong customer instincts and outstanding research intuition.
Your primary goal will be to uncover the “why”, synthesize findings, and use effective storytelling to communicate your insights. Your results will enable our customers, businesses and veterinarian partners to accomplish their goals in the most elegant, efficient, and enjoyable way possible. To achieve this, you will be responsible for driving the user research process and propelling teams to action - working cross functionally with our partners in Marketing, Voice of the Customer (VOC), and Analytics to help shape the next generation of Chewy insights.
What You'll Do:
- Earn trustand collaborate with product managers, designers, content strategists, analysts, and other researchers to answer open questions, fill knowledge gaps, and provide information to move product experiences forward. Be able to identify research initiatives based on proactive anticipation.
- Act like an ownerby having influence to turn findings into actionable next steps for your team, immersing yourself into the problem space to help identify the steps to move into the solution space. You will be responsible for leading the mobile research including scoping, designing, executing, analyzing and reporting on the findings.
- Build High-preforming Teams by defining and helping to reshape the research process to grow and scale with an evolving team and help build a strong research culture, while mentoring and working with other researchers.
- Put the Customers first by using a variety of methods to gather feedback, prioritize their needs, and get a solid understanding or the jobs they are trying to perform.
- Think big, and evaluate the holistic customer journey, while prioritizing those projects that have the most impact on the end-to-end customer experience with abilities to get to the heart of “How might We _______” without considering limitations.
- Deliver results by presenting in-depth research findings to internal stakeholders. Foster Chewy’s culture and principles within the group while setting standards in executional and operational excellence.
What You'll Need:
- A total of 5+ years of experience in UX Research that includes leading mid to large-scale initiatives at a product-based organization
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of research with a strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables. These examples should show a thorough understanding of theories and principles of UX research.
- Hands-on experience with a variety of quantitative and qualitative methods, along with exceptional behavioral data-collection and analysis skills, (e.g., designing, conducting, and analyzing all kinds of user data.)
- Effectiveness in working cross functionally as part of a collaborative team
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively
- Strong bias for action including the proven ability to juggle multiple priorities of mid-large scope and effectively deliver in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Eagerness to continually learn, grow and improve the craft of research and demonstrated passion for solving problems the most complex problems
- Experience mentoring and working closely user researchers
- Experience with Service Design, Journey and Experience mapping
- A BS or equivalent degree in psychology, cognitive science, Human Factors, HCI, HCD etc.
- Position may require travel
- MS in Human Factors, HCD, or Cognitive Psychology
- Retail/E-commerce research experience