We are seeking a Data Visualization and User Experience Product Designer to join the Data Science User Experience Design team. The products we build use visualizations to tell stories of consumer preferences, risk, fraud, and investment performance, as well as inform customers on the benefits of MassMutual's insurance products.
As a User Experience Designer at MassMutual, you will be involved in product development, from brainstorming ideas to ensuring design quality. Using your full range of user experience design, visual design, and data visualization, you will craft insightful data-driven products that deal with complexity in an elegant way.
As a qualified candidate, you have experience in gathering information from stakeholders, identifying requirements, and successfully translating these into buildable designs. You achieve great design by collaborating with a multidisciplinary team of product owners, engineers, and data scientists because you are a team player and able to adapt your communication. You creatively approach problems with design, data visualization techniques, and working knowledge of web technologies. Above all, you are empathetic to users and evaluate concepts through user research and usability testing.
User Experience is a small team seated in MassMutual’s Data Science division. This is an opportunity to join our team of designers to work on products, dashboards and visualizations that impact how MassMutual interacts with visual information.
- Design custom web-based, business intelligence and data visualization applications that support decision-making
- Gather information from stakeholders and users to identify the problem successfully translate these requirements into designs and prototypes
- Learn new business domain knowledge to help the design process
- Produce and contribute reusable, buildable designs that conform and enhance our design language
- Work closely with engineers and data scientists to explore the data and collaborate on creating static visualizations for the design
- Communication skills
- Problem solving
- Visual design principles
- Interaction design
- Rapid prototyping
- User experience research
- Gathering and converting requirements into designs
- Track record and portfolio of work
- Design and Prototyping Software (Sketch, InVision, etc.)
- Authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
- 5+ years of work experience in user experience design, ui/ux, interaction design, product design, or visual design
- Experience developing business intelligence or reporting experiences
- Knowledge of standard charts and visualizations
- Knowledge of visualization best practices
- Bachelor's Degree in Interaction Design, User Experience Design, Human Computer Interaction, Product Design, Graphic, Web/Multimedia Design, or with comparable degree or work experience.
- Familiarity with Microstrategy
- Scrum/Agile experience
- Insurance/Finance domain knowledge
- 8+ years of work experience in user experience design, ui/ux, interaction design, product design, or visual design
- 3+ years of designing data visualizations
- Master’s Degree in Interaction Design, User Experience Design, Human Computer Interaction, Product Design, Business Analytics, Graphic, Web/Multimedia Design, or with comparable degree or work experience.