Senior Visual Designer at Klaviyo
At Klaviyo, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives each Klaviyo (we call ourselves Klaviyos) brings to our workplace each and every day. We believe everyone deserves a fair shot at success and appreciate the experiences each person brings beyond the traditional job requirements. If you’re a close but not exact match with the description, we hope you’ll still consider applying.
About the role:
We are searching for a curious and creative Senior Visual Designer with a focus on the visual and aesthetic side. You'll join us on an exciting journey, to explore, co-create and validate future concepts of Klaviyo’s Design Language making our products the best expression of our brand and ensuring our visual design is best in class.
You’ll work with a team of dedicated engineers, product designers, brand designers, and cross-functional partners to push Klaviyo’s user experience forward while adhering to the highest standards.
How you’ll make a difference:
- You will collaborate closely with product designers, engineers, brand designers, writers, and other stakeholders from around the company to set and uphold high standards for design
- Design visual experiences that unify and exemplify the design language.
- Document, maintain, and evangelize the benefits of the Klaviyo Design System both internally and externally
- Be the ambassador of the new design system and drive adoption by communicating strategy, plans, and milestones across the organization
- Highlight opportunities to use the system through design critiques, spec reviews, and team meetings.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of product design experience with an accompanying portfolio.
- Expertise designing and building durable design systems at scale within a large product organization.
- Documentation of guidelines, standards, patterns, best practices and have an understanding of WCAG standards.
- Strategic and systems thinking skills at several levels of magnification along with a love of research, data & strong communication skills.
- Technical understanding of how to build and architect design systems including Figma component creation.
- Critical thinking and attention to detail when exploring solutions at a systematic level and a component level.
Get to Know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo is committed to diversity and to a policy of equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.