Senior UX Designer at Toast (Remote)
Senior Product Designer | CGP (Customer Growth Platform)
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer with a strong portfolio that demonstrates an ability to balance user goals with business objectives, while delivering intuitive experiences that “Do right by the customer.” We seek a teammate dedicated to creating the framework from initial onboarding through the lifecycle of the restaurant that delivers the right features at the right time to grow with them and the support and coaching to use them well.
Our future teammate is someone who is passionate about improving the experience of everyone working in a restaurant. You’re a systems thinker who loves untangling and making sense of complex problems that span human, digital and physical interactions. By collaborating with your business partners, you can create assets such as journey maps and service blueprints to uncover the most painful and impactful problems to solve.
You have experience working closely with Product Managers, Engineers, and Designers to prioritize, brainstorm, and deliver seamless user experiences. Demonstrated skills include user research, business process analysis, workflow design, visual storytelling, interaction design, and high-fidelity product design. As a Toast Product Designer, you’ll join a diverse, multidisciplinary team of problem solvers creating with purpose - we enable restaurants to do what they love and thrive.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Design intuitive experiences across mobile and responsive web platforms - delivering easy to follow wireframes, workflows, and prototypes
- Collaborate with UX, product management, engineering, and marketing to understand users, translating that understanding into design artifacts that shape thinking and guide development
- Regularly conduct design reviews to obtain feedback, iterating on the designs to improve results
- Support user research studies that generate insights to positively impact product design
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Experience with holistic design approaches, including journey mapping, to create delightful moments across the entire experience
- Enough UX Research fluency to be data and insights driven
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration, and communication skills
- Enduring sense of curiosity with a desire to continuously learn and evolve
- Passion for doing right by the customer
- Fluency in one or more design tools (e.g., Figma, Sketch, InVision, Adobe CC)
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Service design
- Experience designing for product led growth
- Designing for hardware-based experiences
- Designing for Marketing and Sales / Product Qualified Leads
- Co-creation experience
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
Our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are empowered to succeed, Toast succeeds in achieving our mission to enable our community of restaurateurs to delight their guests, do what they love, and thrive. The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
At the heart of this is our hospitality mindset of ensuring everyone feels welcomed and included, and our Toast values and behaviors that best define who we are as Toasters.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.